We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How Many More? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
How many more adverts can we take on this forum for Andrew Newtons amazing! incredulous!fandabydozy!.. last masterclass?

Howard
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Good question.

The guy is merely copying what he said in the last post and pasting it into another post. I understand if you are excited but please contain your excitement a little.

Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
well perhaps he is short on participants and promised andy a big fee. It does have a smell of desparation attached to it..
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I agree with you Shrink.... I wish he would take it down the road.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
I wish all those advertising course's and there have been a lot of them recently, would be up front with those showing interest for learning and be totally honest*. To tell them there is NO public liability insurance to perform it here in the UK.

*Honest
Cross references:
1. upright hon.est 'a:n-*st aj [ME, fr. OF honeste, fr. L honestus honorable, fr. honos, ]honor honor 1a: free from deception : TRUTHFUL 1b: GENUINE, REAL 1c: HUMBLE, PLAIN 2a: REPUTABLE, RESPECTABLE chiefly Brit 2b: GOOD, WORTHY 3: CREDITABLE 4a: marked by integrity : UPRIGHT 4b: FRANK, SINCERE 4c: INNOCENT, SIMPLE - hon.est av

Regards

Franklin - The Paranormalist
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I was told if you disguise your method (not call it 'Hypnotism') such as entrancing magic or something along the lines, the demand for liability insurance is lowered.

Is this right?
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I should imagine that you could call it *anything* you want but if you go through an induction and such stuff and people are in an altered state then in my mind it's hypnotism.

"I asked them to link their fingers together in order to pray for a good show and then invited those who were worried about the success of the show up on stage. I spoke to them briefly for around 10 minutes while I eventually invited them to keep their hands in the praying position and thought they may want to lay on the stage for a few further minutes as they looked tired. Anyway, the upshot of this is that they all enjoyed he experience so much that they all stayed up on the stage for the length of the show and even helped raise a few laughs!"

Sorry for my warped sense of humour! I suposse the point I am geting to is that I do not see how simply giving it another name changes the fact that you cannot get insurance cover.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Hi

Check out what Dr Omni had to say on the "Stage Hypnosis in the UK?" thread in this forum. It is highly enlightening and worring.

Regards

Franklin - The Paranormalist
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Thanks, I will do a search....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How Many More? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL