The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 02:13, jay leslie wrote:
It's really meant for B&D people more then escape artists. The last thing you want is someone whose in good shape trying on your jacket and ripping the arms apart.

that's true! Do you have any that you would suggest?

Thanks!

-Altrez
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 04:07, Roslyn wrote:
My favourite jacket, as everyone here knows, is the Posey. It's a real jacket. Tough and can withstand punishment. It has loops that make it harder than your average jacket, but anyone with minimum fitness can learn it. If you're going to spend the time learning something you may as well learn it right from the start.

I can't remember if Jay's DVD teaches the posey jacket. You'll have to check with him. I taught myself how to do it.

The only place I know who sells them is erestraint. Here's a link to the SJ page: http://erestraint.com/Merchant2/merchant......_Code=MR

They are a bondage site. So if that offends you or it's illegal in your country it's probably best to give it a miss.

You could also try finding a humane restraint jacket. Those are also very good, no loops so are easier and you might be able to order direct. Not 100% on that though.

Black Cat Magic here in the UK offer an SJ that I've heard is pretty good. Not seen it. But it's supposed to be a nice one.

Then there's Clyde Mighells, he's still selling through eBay.

I will check it out,

Thank you for your time!

-Altrez
robbiecockburn
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of robbiecockburn
I have a sj from Mighells Illusions (Clyde Mighells) and I think it's great, I do street shows with it and use it almost every day.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2012-01-28 17:31, altrez wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-28 17:21, Harley Newman wrote:
The best way is learning it in person, from someone who knows it inside and out.

I hear some pretty good things about Jay's DVD, so go for it!

Thank you Harley! If there was somewhere close that taught such things then I would defiantly do it!

-Altrez

How far away are you from Cincinnati, Ohio?
I could teach you the proverbial 'ins and outs.'
I would normally recommend my former stage manager-turned-magic & escape-pro Shawn Dion as a teacher (he lives in Kentucky), but he is currently undergoing cancer treatment.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straight Jacket Escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL