The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spiral Principle and Beyond - Stephen Leathwaite (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I am not a card guy!
But,you all are making me want this...Bad!
:)

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Steven...

Your my hero! I love this!! Simple, but perfect for having that trick become a really special moment, the elimination routine is amazing!!

Love it, love it, love it!!

Talk soon,

Ben
benjo456
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of benjo456
So here is my review on The Spiral Principle. (The Beyond review will be up tommorow).

This is !@#$%^& awesome!!!! First can I note this is the first time I have ever payed full price for a dvd. My others are from trades or deals. I am so happy I bought this!

The moves:
Its as easy as pie to do. I'm intermediate at card magic but I am possitive a beginner will be able to do this. The principle itself is self working entirely which is awesome as you can concentrate on your presentation entirely. The best thing about this is that its impossible. A spectator shuffles the pack. The magician doesn't touch the deck the entire time. They shuffle it again. They take a card. They put it inside the deck. They put it in THEMSELVES and ANYWHERE they want. They then shuffle it AGAIN. You have your back turned during the entire procedure. You instantly know where the card is. No key cards, short cards, markings. Borrowed deck!!!! Easy as pie!

100/10
The dvd:
Nicely produced and good qyality. Multiple camera shots ensure you know what's going on. Easy navigatable menus and the image is crisp and clear and the audio likewise.
10/10

The routines:
The routines are fantastic! There must have been at least 15! They are all hard hitting and guarrenteed to get reactions. They teach a triumph effect, an ACAAN effect, and effect where the spectator finds their own card without knowing (which they adapt for a wedding situation where the bride picks the card and the groom finds it, they teach a 'stop' effect. I could go on for paragraphs!!!
10/10

The explainations:
They really are top notch. Craig is with stephen to guide him and does a good job, and occasionaly dave behing the camera chips in. Very well explained.
9/10

Overall I give it 11 out of 10!
Awesome dvd, a must buy. Will watch 'Beyond' tommorow and then put up a review.

-Ben
benjo456
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of benjo456
This will fool magicians. It fooled me, and as they said on the dvd, someone did it at the session convention and the spectator thought it was a gag joke as it seems so impossible. This truely will fool the most educated of magicians
merlins1nd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of merlins1nd
Hey Benjo thanks for your Lovely Review...

And Thanks Ben For your Kind Words.. Elimination is a great routine from the Spiral Principle...

Warm Regards
Stephen
The Spiral Princple & Beyond DVD out 17th Feb 2012 @ www.leathalweapons.co.uk and Blackpool
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I just hope mine arrives today, I can't wait any longer.
merlins1nd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of merlins1nd
When did you order Pegusus...?

Pm me your real name..

and I will check for you..

Stephen
The Spiral Princple & Beyond DVD out 17th Feb 2012 @ www.leathalweapons.co.uk and Blackpool
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I ordered this yesterday (direct from Stephen) and it arrived safely this morning. I have watched the DVD through once, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The effect presented in its original and basic form is extremely clever, compact and direct. There are several variations given all of which bring different elelements to the table. And yes this will fool lots of people.
the only thing you need is a deck of cards, and a little bit of space to perform.

the bonus effect 'beyond' is very clever, for many years my favourite out of this world routine has been Gordon Beans 'splitting the difference', and anyone who has this will know there are some restrictions with it, beyond however does not have the same restrictions, and could be perfomed from a borrowed deck. Beyond has the potential to be my new favourite method for OOTW, its simple direct and everything happens in the spectators hands.
David
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Just placed my order. I hope this is as good as it seems Smile
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Not to be cynical, but it's strange how many over the top glowing reviews there are from new posters on this page? This always puts me off a product.
pikkakard
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pikkakard
Jimesw... were you never a 'new poster'? Does that mean our comment matters any less? Not having a go, I'm just interested. I haven't been a member here for very long, but I have read many forum discussions. I have also been so disappointed before having been, in my opinion, misled by camera edits, etc. This is the first time I have been excited enough to bother writing a review of sorts... but please, do give us your opinion when/if you get the chance to view this DVD.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
@Steve Leithwaite - Congratulations mate the reviews are brilliant. I know how long you've waited for this and it's well deserved.

To everyone else I say keep an eye out for his future releases as he's got some awsome stuff still to come.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Wow...I just got mine yesterday... This is a fantastic dvd! I was a little nervous about pre-ordering...before any hands on reviews were posted... but, all my fears have evaporated.... I'm so glad I did!

I'm an amateur/hobbyist, that has not been much of a cardman.... I can be now Smile

Stephen, thank you very much... world-class customer service... great communication, prompt delivery and such a fantastic contribution to the magic community!
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
The Spiral Principle is awsome, totally fooled me whilst watching the performance and the method is great (and simple to boot).

I'm not even sure why I picked this up as I no longer utilise playing cards lol, but am glad I did (along with a deck) as it's such a fun and deceptive piece.

Beyond is brilliant!
It's very much like Mick Ayre's from the 3rd book in his act series (2nd phase), but Beyond does have a really nice way of fairly showing the deck is well mixed (the actual method for having the participants seperate the reds from the blacks is the same though).

Along with Beyond and the basic Spiral principle, a bunch of effects are taught utilising said principle, and these for the most part are great... well everything of the creators is cool, but Craigs offerings did nothing for me.

Overall a great DVD and I'm not even that fussed about card work, but if you use cards then there's a BIG possibility that you'll use and love this.

Cheers.
benjo456
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of benjo456
As promised here is my review on my Beyond.
Nothing really suprised me here as I sorta figured it out when I first saw it but it was a theory. Anyway...

Its an awesome concept. Very clever and it made me laugh!
It is only considered as a bonus effect, and I feel it didn't need to be considered a big part of the dvd , seeing as it was only half an hour long
It is very good and they give lots of ideas to use it with. Dave joins craig and stephen for the explainations but I feel they were not really needed as stephen explained it all, it doesn't need that much explaining as it is super simple!
Overall I prefered the spiral princible but I will be using this as well it is very practical and simple and the reactions - cor, they blow everyone away. I had a huge wtf moment when I first saw it.

Ben
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well I'm not happy, not happy at all with this. Not happy that Stephen shared this with anybody, except me that is. Awesome, awesome, awesome. At last I can leave home with a normal deck of cards and fry people. I'm really happy with my purchase and Craig Petty does a great job in presenting the DVD along with Stephen. Nothing more to add, other than get this. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and jimesw I'm not a new poster on this forum.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm half way through it, bought it out of curiosity... glad I did...can easily be done with esp cards with a bit of thinking too...and would come across well using the spread across the table method of mixing them up...

this is very, very good..
I've asked to be banned
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I would like to thank Stephen Leathwaite for 'The Spiral Principle & Beyond' I can't think of a time in which I have purchased a Magic DVD which has been this good for a very long time. Not only does it have some fantastic routines on the DVD already, but with a little thought and imagination you could create some real miracles with this concept. Also Stephen could have released 'Beyond' as a completley seperate product as it is that strong an effect, I would have happily brought it too. This DVD is really worth twice the price if not more. I would like to say please don't buy this DVD...Only so I can keep it all for myself Smile If you watch the trailer & you like what you see...Then get it today! There are no nasty hidden suprises in store for you, just some really strong Magic. I really look forward to what else Stephen has up his sleeve for us in the future. 10/10
merlins1nd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of merlins1nd
Thanks all for your Kind Words.. means a lot to me..

And I am really Glad you are Enjoying the DVD the Spiral Principle is open to so much more than what I have created with it.. and I know this..

that's why the Forum although in its early stages will I am sure be a fun place to create new ideas for us all..

Warm regards Stephen
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 15:28, jaybest wrote:
It's very much like Mick Ayre's from the 3rd book in his act series (2nd phase), but Beyond does have a really nice way of fairly showing the deck is well mixed (the actual method for having the participants seperate the reds from the blacks is the same though).

If I recall correctly, Mick's OOTW was the fifth phase, wasn't it?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spiral Principle and Beyond - Stephen Leathwaite (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL