The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Creature Shock - Peter Loughran (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Sounds Cool Chad!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5241 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Peter, that box looks awesome!!! Really magical, without looking tacky or overly designed. I look forward to watching this develop.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Peter is going to be the reason why I file for bankrupsy.Smile Seriously, I debated between this and his Electronic Flash Box. I bought the Flash box, but will probably be ordering this soon too.Smile
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Here is my update, I have had this several months and used it many times and I am not gentle with it, I shake it like in the video and slam the door shut etc. and it has no signs of wear at all, it was made specifically to be used as a professional prop. So for the quality, it is far better than you can imagine, again, built/made to be used.
As for performance, it is amazingly simple to do, at first after receiving it I thought it would be awkward in the handling, but I found it to be just the opposite, it is all fluid logical motions that make sense to me as I perform and to spectators as they watch.
And for the reactions, the first time I did this, I heard many screams and laughter when the gorilla jumped out, but backing up, my first production is a dog, yes it is a stuffed animal as I perform where live animals are not allowed, but I forget where I read this next part, it is not my idea, I set the dog on a Lota Bowl and periodically pour out what he apparently left inside, it gets huge laughs.
So, quality, ease of use and reactions, all get a 10 out 10, worth every penny.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Wow thanks Dave!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
After 80 library shows with this as the intro AND then the gorilla as the first full routine, it has now officially debuted in the first school program of the new school year and went over great - even better reactions than the library crowds! What's really fun is watching the older 3-5th graders scream over this. Hilarious and the teachers LOVE watching the kids jump.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Chad thanks for the wicked update! that's awesome!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
OK, that does it...hearing that it makes 3rd thru 5th graders jump means I HAVE to get this. Schools are my main thing and using this on 3rd thru 5th graders is great as they love "shock" magic (non blood, etc) They love startling things like a snake basket and such, so Peter gets more of my money.Smile Thanks a LOT Chad...Smile

Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

LOL, sorry Cris!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Hi Peter,

Sure, buddy, just keep right on laughing...to the bank.Smile

Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
You are most welcome Mr. Johnson, most welcome indeed. You will not be disappointed.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4796 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well...It was my first show with the box they call creature shock..... I explained to the kids and the audience that this was my manifesto box. We can manifest or make appear any animal and I had them choose a card to see what animal we are going to manifest first. The little girl that chose the card was so excited her expressions were filled with such happiness. She chose the rabbit card. Low and B hold from my empty manifesto box was born a live rabbit (my buddy Sal). I told the kids we could do this again if you like and make another animal? I promised them they could see Sal at the end of the show. They we're all super excited and pleasantly agreed. Though, I told them we will have to do something with Sal we don't want him to get loose. I explained I have another box here we could put him in to keep him safe. I tried to proceed with the trick but I couldn't and told the kids that we couldn't leave Sal in that little box and that I feel bad. So I proceeded to turn the box around and wring Sal out FLAT out of my Rabbit Wringer Box. Well I'm sure you could imagine reactions and emotions after the live bunny rabbit Sal was squashed FLAT. I had to go through a reassurance period before continuing with manifesting another animal from my Manifesto Box. I had the girl beside the first super excited and happy girl who chose first select another card to see what animal we were going to manifest next. Well....She selected the Gorilla...My face turned white and the girls could see the anguish and uneasiness in my eyes. The two girls, knowing I was scared to death and telling them I couldn't believe the gorilla was chosen, leaped out of their seats while 1 jump into her grandma's arms the other ran to her mother only to be held and shielded from what was about to happen. I apprehensively walked over to the manifesto box slowly looking down at the box then looking up at the audience with a gaze in my eyes knowing not what to expect next. I unnervingly with my eyes as wide as quarters pick up the box. I had a chance to look up at the audience like it was going to be my last time that I would be able to fix my eyes on them again..... It what then at that instant the Manifesto Box begin shaking almost like tremors at first. Then the shaking became violent, so violent that it was all I could do to keep hold of the box! What seems like an eternity of shaking to me was probably only 5 to 10 seconds to them before the massive Gorilla tried to bust through the front of the box!! The adults stared in disbelief and the kids.......well, the mixed priceless looks on all their faces, from the quick glance I could muster up while trying to hold on to the box that had a huge Gorilla's ARM and HAND trying to rip my face off, were of concern, excitement and some well yes - just simply frightened. It was after and only after I was able to fight with the box and trap the gorillas hand with the boxes door all the while the box is being displayed from both sides that I was desperately holding onto and eventually strong arming shut containing the savage beast, that the audience and kids we're at ease again. I think everyone was so in shock they forgot about FLAT Sal. I had to remind that Sal was safe and wring FLAT Sal back through the Wringer Box and pull him out alive...... My friends....this is the CREATURE BOX!!!!!!!!!

RNK
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

That's awesome!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Hey Peter- great effect.

I know it is a touch off topic, but I wanted to talk about your branded bumper card or station ID as you called it. As a professional in the branding and advertising world, I agree that branding is essential to a successful business and that you've done a solid job of keeping your branding consistant and uniform. But considering that even in the big world of broadcast advertising a standard bumper or end card is less than 7 seconds long, I think your 30 second version could be edited down without compromising your brand's integrity and would create a more positive brand experience for those who engage with the plethora of video content you have available.

Okay I have giving you my unsolicited opinion, and you are more than welcome to ignore it (it certainly doesn't appear to be hurting business), but I thought you might like to know.

And that's one yo grow on. Smile
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4796 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 21:21, Peter Loughran wrote:
That's awesome!

Thanks! It was awesome....sorry for some of the grammatical errors. I was voice recording the text while driving. Now Peter, were is my Micro! The suspense of what that has in store for me is killing me!!!!! Lol

RNK
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Spakkle666 thank you kindly for the suggestion.

RNK, lol, I know, it's actually done, just waiting on my seamstress to do the cloth! The Micro is shipping very soon.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Dammit, the more I hear about this, the more excited I get...am saving my pennies, Peter.Smile LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff...

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4796 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 22:42, Cris Johnson wrote:
Dammit, the more I hear about this, the more excited I get...am saving my pennies, Peter.Smile LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff...

Truly an awesome idea and a quality product!! Get it!!!!!
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
OK, I took the plunge. I can really picture this in my show. Funny plus dramatic. Getting ready to build some jumbo playing cards with the names of animals...
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thanks again for the order Bill.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Creature Shock - Peter Loughran (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL