The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Creature Shock - Peter Loughran (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8VUrrxsu8

Here's the official description:

The performer introduces a small magical chest and explains to the audience that this chest is actually a portal or a gateway to another dimension, and this is how magicians have been making animals and objects appear in their magic acts for centuries. He will now reveal to the audience how the magical gateway works and will now demonstrate the illusion.

The performer introduces several playing cards that have different names of animals on them that a magician might produce or make appear in their magic acts, for example a Dove, Rabbit, Canary etc. He has someone in the audience select a playing card, and show everyone what they have picked. The card is shown to have the word "Rabbit" written on it.

The performer now opens the chest and shows it to be completely EMPTY. The chest is closed and then the door is opened and a rabbit is pulled out of the box just like magic! The audience is thrilled but wants to see more, so the magician offers to do it again, and this time they can select a different card.

The next card is turned over, but to the magician's horror, the card says "Gorilla". The performer seems confused and starts to utter..."What does that card say?...A Gorilla?...how the heck could a Gorilla fit inside this small...." Then before the magician has a chance to finish his sentence, the small chest starts shaking violently out of control, the front door busts open and a giant Gorilla arm comes lunging out towards the audience, and reaches for them and the magician. The magician, frantically struggles, but manages to somehow contain the beast and close the door. The chest still shaking wildly, the performer decides to ditch the prop, and move on to a much easier and less dangerous card trick.

A hilarious and action packed routine great for all ages, full of laughs and surprises, a guaranteed hit at your next show.

You can use any small animal or object that will fit inside the load area instead of a rabbit. The inside boasts a clear coat armor finish that makes it virtually stain proof and animal droppings will easily be cleaned up after each show.

You can show the box empty before the first production, and then show it again empty after the first production and before the gorilla makes its appearance. It is also possible to once again show the box empty after the gorilla has been contained.

Creature Shock is fully self contained, and requires no special clothing, just pick it up and perform it, simple as that. Sets up and Resets in about 1 minute and is very easy to do. Built like a professional illusion and tricked out in polished aluminum.

Creature Shock is very deceptive from just a couple of feet away, and great to perform up close or on stage. Just as people begin to think the gorilla arm might be, being animated by simple puppetry, you turn so that the audience can see both hands are still on the outside of and still holding the chest. The Gorilla arm itself also appears much longer than any of your own arms which only add to the impossible appearance of the illusion.

Packs small and plays big!
No animals were harmed in the making of Creature Shock; however some of the humans didn't make it.

Creature Shock comes with professionally built illusion chest, playing cards, and instructions.

This illusion is built on order, please allow 2-4 weeks turnaround time

Custom ATA Case - Please add USD $199.99

************************************************************************************************

This looks thoroughly awesome, IMO! The price seems reasonable, too, seeing as some m****r boxes (ie, Loughran's Pet Shop) cost more by themselves. The animation of the long gorilla arm, combined with the convincing show of the magician's right arm on the side of the box, is a strong kicker to the usual "make a pet appear in a box" effect. Can't buy this right now, but am very excited about the idea of saving up. Anyone order this yet?

For sale at Hocus-Pocus and http://www.masterofillusions.ca/creature-shock.html
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Good idea. Would be fun to scare the **** out of people with...

I wish the box had an artistic theme to the design appearance though.
Like a jungle crate or something.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks Maxsfieldsmagic!

Hey Randi, thanks for the kind words and that's so funny you suggested the jungle crate, because that was an initial vision I had for this prop. However after further study of the routine that I was trying to create I felt the "shock" factor would be more effective if the box looked more ordinary or more like a "standard" type of magician's prop as to not give away clues to the gorilla appearance prematurely. However with all that said, I can also customize any prop if someone has a different look in mind (just keep in mind that additional charges may apply for the custom work).

:)

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I love this! Fooled me badly. I thought. "Oh a puppet arm, great idea...... Oh there is his other arm!!!!!!WHOA!!!!" How that gorilla arm gets in the box I have no idea.
Peter, you are a genius!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Great thinking Brother Peter...I always enjoy each of your newest creations.
I often times go back and watch some of your very earliest illusions as well.
It's loads of fun looking at all of the clips on your site man!
~You Rock dude!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 19:49, Peter Loughran wrote:
after further study of the routine that I was trying to create I felt the "shock" factor would be more effective if the box looked more ordinary or more like a "standard" type of magician's prop as to not give away clues to the gorilla appearance prematurely.

You could be right on the jungle crate.
I just always thought your Gremlin Box was the best idea you've had, and I don't like magic looking props.

It is a cool idea, and flashing the right hand while the gorilla hand is still visible is a nice subtlety.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Just curious why I did not see the rabbit being produced in the video but just a picture of it. Do you need to invert the box or something to produce it?
It would be nice to see the whole sequence of this prop. I would love to have one.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1352 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 04:47, Lou Hilario wrote:
Just curious why I did not see the rabbit being produced in the video but just a picture of it. Do you need to invert the box or something to produce it?
It would be nice to see the whole sequence of this prop. I would love to have one.

I think you need Photoshop to produce the rabbit.

All kidding aside I think this is Peter's best product to date. Tho' the cards are a little hokey. I think to really up the "innocent" factor a children's book of animals should be used (Think magic coloring book principle)
Official Thread Killer
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Smile

Lou, yes the top knob will release the gimmick. You then invert or tilt the box slightly, peak inside, gimmick resets, produce the object straight out of the box or show it inside. This can be repeated more than once. Box can be shown empty before and after each production and after the gorilla is contained. Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake, figuring that magicians would know what the first phase of the trick was all about in the first place.

Yes the cards you get with this are just blanks, you can write your own animal names on them or use stickers like I did. I didn't have cards printed, because not everyone will be using live animals as their first production. Some might use things like silk hankercheifs, or feather/spring flowers, candy, streamers, or maybe a clients product at a corporate event, or god knows what else that will fit inside the load area. So for this reason, because it would be impossible for me to have every possible object pre-printed on a card, I left them blank. But you can also buy animal cards or animal flash cards that would work, or have a printer make up your own custom set that is specific to you and the objects you want to produce.

I like the book of animals idea---GREAT!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
This looks killer. Love the idea. Saving up for this one.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake

ok. Now I am going to bust on you, but in good fun.

You're opening title sequence is like 30 seconds long.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Exactly, which is why I need to shorten the rest of it...lol, sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though, Branding is IMHO a big part of marketing, and yes while my station ID may be longer than most, that is not necessarily a bad thing from strictly a buisness standpoint. But really who cares...lol

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 12:03, Peter Loughran wrote:
Seriously though, Branding is IMHO a big part of marketing, and yes while my station ID may be longer than most, that is not necessarily a bad thing from strictly a buisness standpoint.

Now, that I agree with 100%... but it could be shorter.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Perhaps Smile but a good feature for YouTube in the mean time is that you can always slide the play bar along 30 seconds too if you are familiar with my videos and want to skip that part. ;-)
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
The first time I saw a banner ad for this, I had to click through and watch the demo. I think it's a great idea, and using the cards for audience interaction is very clever. I also like how you can make it appear that your own arm is never a part of the action. If I did kid shows -- or any kind of comedy show -- I'd be putting money aside for this one. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 09:10, Peter Loughran wrote:
:)

Lou, yes the top knob will release the gimmick. You then invert or tilt the box slightly, peak inside, gimmick resets, produce the object straight out of the box or show it inside. This can be repeated more than once. Box can be shown empty before and after each production and after the gorilla is contained. Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake, figuring that magicians would know what the first phase of the trick was all about in the first place. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Peter, I still would like to see a video of the first phase if you don't mind. As you said, the box can be shown empty before and after every production. That, I would like to see in your Creature Box video.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Lou, well at the moment I don't have time to shoot a new demo video for you. My head is spinning with orders right now, let see, ive got a custom Accumulator being built for Sandro in Italy, just finishing a Witchboard for Tom Binns in the UK, a custom illusion for Lucas Wilson in Canada, got 2 Withdrawals on order, a gremlins in a box for Madhatter, 3 entitys, a jitters package, 2 voodoo touch chairs one for my customer and one for a dealer in japan, and over a dozen Creature Shocks that have to be out in 4 weeks. And then I still have all the regular in stock items to ship out everyday.

Im not complaing, but just wanted you to know that a new demo right now just isn't in my time frame right now to show how a m-box works, I don't have the time to spend to shoot and edit a new demo, way too time consuming for me right now, and I have more work than I need right now and already working overtime to meet deadlines, so please accept my appologies that I cannot meet your request at this time. But I can tell you that it works similar to flash appearance m-box. You tilt to reset, knob is your lock. If that's not good enough for you I understand but don't hold your breath for a new demo right now, sorry I hope you understand.

Or alternatively you can manually reset if you tilt and produce the animal while the box is facing upward, take the animal out as you lock the gimmick back in place then lower the box to show it empty again.

Ok back to work!

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
You have so many clever ideas Peter, that I decided you should be immortalized
in an animation! Thanks for inspiring so many wonderful routines around the world!

Best of luck with this wonderful idea mate!
~Devious
An Honest Deceiver
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Lmao, thanks Devious! Awesome!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5359 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 20:34, Xiqual wrote:
I love this! Fooled me badly. I thought. "Oh a puppet arm, great idea...... Oh there is his other arm!!!!!!WHOA!!!!" How that gorilla arm gets in the box I have no idea.
Peter, you are a genius!
James

Fooled me in the exact same way.
Found myself pulling a Homer Simpson...and going "Doh!"
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Creature Shock - Peter Loughran (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL