The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Help For Heroes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Been thinking... with all the various disciplines within magic, from dexterity, to practicing new effects, to scripting your own ideas, etc., etc., etc, wouldn't it be a fine way to help the lads & lassies of our armed forces who're recovering from battle injuries to regain confidence, learn new skills and perhaps take up magic seriously.
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You might be onto something. Here in the US we have the USO which caters to the needs of military personnel; that might be a source to check with here. Might just do that myself. Across the pond you folks may have a similar organization....check it out.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of JonesingForTruth
Amazing idea... surprised I hadn't thought of that. Smile
highcard
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of highcard
That is a fantastic idea. I'd recommend contacting any local veteran's organizations and see what advice or contacts they can give you. I know here in the US there are a number of groups but I don't know what is available in the UK or elsewhere.
Adam Fraise
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Adam Fraise
The military casualties in the UK are mainly treated in Birmingham. I am sure a phone call to Help for Heroes from anyone willing to work with the recovering injured would be received gratefully
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Help For Heroes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL