The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword Swallowing Secrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Scientific American BY THE SWORD, THE SCIENCE OF SWORD SWALLOWING

Needs catsup.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I wish everybody would get rid of the line about it starting in India. It was performed in every part of the world.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
I think that's down to the joys of today's media, "copy and paste" articles make up the bulk of what I've found on the internet about sword swallowing.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Much like syphilis, it must have started somewhere.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Current DNA analysis suggests that syphilis was a skin-borne disease, native to the Americas. The Spaniards were the first Euros to get it, and the ones in whom it turned genital.

Sword swallowing was a shamanic stunt, practiced in much of the Americas. The Mayan Popul Vuh mentions its two main characters as sword swallowers. Plains tribes had societies of sword swallowers.

Etc.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
And Red Stuart taught them all.
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 05:50, Harley Newman wrote:

Sword swallowing was a shamanic stunt, practiced in much of the Americas. The Mayan Popul Vuh mentions its two main characters as sword swallowers. Plains tribes had societies of sword swallowers.

Etc.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
HA! Where is the darn like button in this place! A yes, the three S's Swords, Syphilis, and Stuart!
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
...three thing you don't want to be at the receiving end of!
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
...and by that I meant Fisticuffs, of course!
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
Todd speaks the truth.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Red invented the syphillis too, he was alive at the time....
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Mayan blood rituals also included piercing with stingray spines, bloodletting and my fav, running spiked vine thru their tongues and genitals. New act anyone? "No, really...feel free to steal that act! That's all you man!"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes. And the stingray piercings were often genital. I have one of those barbs. I would not want to stick it into myself.

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
The barbs and thorns were used to aid and increase blood flow for the bloodletting rituals. Scenes of the ritual are found all over in pictoglyphs and such across Mezo-Americas. They were advanced enough to know how to let blood without killing the participant. That's why they chose the tongue and genitals rather than femoral or other faster (lethal) arteries.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 10:02, Martin_Ling wrote:
Mayan blood rituals also included piercing with stingray spines, bloodletting and my fav, running spiked vine thru their tongues and genitals. New act anyone? "No, really...feel free to steal that act! That's all you man!"

I heard that the rulers would publicly pierce their bits with stingray spines as a ritual ... now, if Presidential candidates would be required to do this, the field would narrow very quickly and save us all this wrangling.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword Swallowing Secrets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL