The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Option suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
It would be nice to have a "block user from this thread" option for original posters. In other words, if I post a thread and someone is causing problems, I (only the person who started the thread) can block that person from further posting in that particular thread, he can post in other threads I start, but if he starts problems in those threads I can block him there too. Also, if I "ignore" a user they would be banned from posting in all my threads. Basically, with each post a person makes, just under the users picture somewhere would be the option "Block User", if you wanted to "Ignore User" that option would have to be accessed on that users profile so the two wouldn't get confused.

Just a couple of ideas that I have seen on other websites that have been very useful. I haven't had any particular problems with trolls or troublemakers, but I have seen many others who have and I think it would be a great option to help keep the amount of verbal diarrhea to a minimum.

Best regards,
Gary
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I believe that's called a "blog".
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
What's next?

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 00:11, silverking wrote:
I believe that's called a "blog".

Actually, I didn't get those ideas from a blog. I got them from a website that runs exactly like this one, uses very similar software as this website.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The problem is that this is a discussion board, and while we may not always agree with what others are saying, they're entitled to their opinions. Even though you may start a topic, it isn't necessarily yours and yours alone. Others are free to chime in and add their two cents, especially if the topic is a very broad one where a lot of people would want to add to the discussion. If a particular user is causing problems, you can always contact the mods here. They've blocked plenty of users in the past for violating the rules.

Just because you start a topic here doesn't mean you can make your own set of rules. That's what the Café guidelines are for. I think if we were allowed to stop people from posting, some would abuse the option and it would cause a lot of people to leave the site. One set of guidelines is plenty.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I always agree with everything that Mr. Zuber has to say.
Tonight is no different.

Now back to the show,
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I always agree with 84% of what Devious has to say.

Once I've been on his boat that number is subject to change.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Option suggestion » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL