The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The best Grand Illusion act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thorin_10
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Basque Country
56 Posts

Profile of thorin_10
Many times we talk about the best Illusion, the best levitation, best appearance, dissapearance... and often, we forget that an illusion itself is nothing. What about an entire act? What do you think is the best Grand Illusion act you have seen?
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Any production put on by David Copperfield
TheMagicOfLuke
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
201 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfLuke
I think Bartt Rockett and Greg Frewin are my two favorites that I have seen. (might see Copperfield this summer)
Ricardini24
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ricardini24
An Intimate Evening of Grand Illusion for my money.

When I saw the show in Vegas I hadn't seen the Portal Illusion before, even on YouTube, so when him and the 'spectator' vanished from that pedestal out over the front row I swear I nearly cried! The single best moment that has happened to me in magic. Obviously the entire production was flawless but his showmanship combined with the esteem I already held him in based on his prior career made it the best production/show experience I have had.

Obviously I haven't seen everyone perform yet, lord knows I'm up for it and am trying to see as many greats as possible, and genuinely hope that one day I get to see something even more incredible but for now the search goes on.

Richie.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
The first 4 Copperfield specials. And Doug Hennings Broadway show.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1387 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Lance Burton's show was one of the finest I've seen.
It's all in the reflexes.
TheMagicOfLuke
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
201 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfLuke
I wish I would of had the chance to see Lance perform. Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I would agree...Copperfield is a true entertainer!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 17:32, TheMagicOfLuke wrote:
I think Bartt Rockett and Greg Frewin are my two favorites that I have seen. (might see Copperfield this summer)

We see Greg's show several times a year and the show just keeps getting better and better. Top notch.

Murray Hatfield and Ryan Joyce are also doing some great stuff on their tours here in Canada.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
528 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Speaking of Copperfield...I came across this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-HQsLjFT8 of you look on the side bar there are more
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I would watch those pretty quick. I bet those are going to be removed very soon..
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Copperfield. I also enjoyed Mark Kalin's show - it's been about 10 years since I've seen both.
Mike
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 17:12, w_s_anderson wrote:
Any production put on by David Copperfield

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I second ryne joice , brette daniels , and rick thomas . I love lance more as a manipulator .
thorin_10
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Basque Country
56 Posts

Profile of thorin_10
I agree with those who think David Copperfield is the best the have ever seen.I saw his show here in Spain many years ago and it was awesome.

Most of the names mentioned are well known illusionists but not many magicians have the oportunity to produce a large show of Grand illusions. There are still great performers, so I will reframe the question: what about shorter acts? I mean, what do you think about FISM-like (10-15 minutes)grand illusion acts? Not only a single illusion performance. I am talkink about several illusions routined in a small act. Which ones would you highlight?
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I would have to say Copperfield too!

It seems like everyone is still doing the same stuff, even Copperfields old stuff is far ahead of what is being done at the momoment.

He was, and is just in a class of his own.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Kalin, Jinger and Hobson's Carnival of Wonders.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Seen many Copperfield is my fav
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22723 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 11:32, thorin_10 wrote:
Many times we talk about the best Illusion, the best levitation, best appearance, disappearance... and often, we forget that an illusion itself is nothing. What about an entire act? What do you think is the best Grand Illusion act you have seen?

What is your criteria for determining the best. If you have no guidelines, they are you just asking for opinions? Opinions generally are personal to each individual. Therefore, I will keep my opinion to myself.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I have to agree with Bill. It's very difficult to give an opinion without any guidelines set. What is your purpose with this question ? Just curious. Smile

WeiserSide 1 :

Thank you very much for this link. To me the most interesting thing in this link is to see how things changed with time. The evolution of an illusion, the design etc...from stage to television.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The best Grand Illusion act (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL