The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind Live Online Lecture! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of dan the man
It was absolutely fantastic!! couldn't believe how long it actually went!
You could really see his passion for mentalism the whole 3 hours throughout..
psychospiel
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of psychospiel
It is available on demand to anyone, right? Not just those who bought a ticket in advance?
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 07:52, psychospiel wrote:
It is available on demand to anyone, right? Not just those who bought a ticket in advance?

Yes, but I think they still need to upload it!
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
By midnight it will be up.

Wow, what a night!
snm
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of snm
Anyone want to share some of the content of the lecture?
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
SNM,

Richard went over a lot of the material on his DVDs, and he introduced some new things someone has shared with him. His insights into spoon bending is probably worth the price of the DVD.

However, for me, and I have said this before, I appreciate how Richard teaches stuff about becoming a better showman. Its the non-trick stuff that I like. I have enough marketed tricks; I have enough books teaching me tricks; I have enough videos/DVDs teaching me tricks. However, what I can't get enough of is advice from pros about performing tips, why they choose to do something a particular way when the majority might say otherwise, etc.

I am not sure where you are at in your mystical journey, but if you are looking for the number of tricks per dollar, then buy one of his DVDs, there will be a ton of stuff there. If you are looking to be a better performer, then this will help you.

Not sure if I answered your question to your liking. But, if you want me to clarify, let me know.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of david12345
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 23:01, robwar0100 wrote:
SNM,

Richard went over a lot of the material on his DVDs, and he introduced some new things someone has shared with him. His insights into spoon bending is probably worth the price of the DVD.

However, for me, and I have said this before, I appreciate how Richard teaches stuff about becoming a better showman. Its the non-trick stuff that I like. I have enough marketed tricks; I have enough books teaching me tricks; I have enough videos/DVDs teaching me tricks. However, what I can't get enough of is advice from pros about performing tips, why they choose to do something a particular way when the majority might say otherwise, etc.

I am not sure where you are at in your mystical journey, but if you are looking for the number of tricks per dollar, then buy one of his DVDs, there will be a ton of stuff there. If you are looking to be a better performer, then this will help you.

Not sure if I answered your question to your liking. But, if you want me to clarify, let me know.

Bobby

So true!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2891 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Very helpful, Bob.
Well roareed...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Just finshed watching the first couple of hours, and still over an hour to go! Richard Osterlind has really set the standard here for anyone else that follows this format.

Great stuff & superb advice on stagecraft!!

The effects were secondary, it's the advice from a man with years of experience that made it for me!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
What tricks does he teach?
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1058 Posts

Profile of sbays
It appears that the Penguin site has crashed. LOL Been trying to get in all day to watch. Ugh!
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
On 2012-02-13 19:28, Jim-Callahan wrote:
What tricks does he teach?

Most routines were from his DVDs Mind Mysteries 1 & 2

Just to name a few:

- Bank Night
- Card Calling
- Watch Routine
- Perfected Center Tear
- Inside The Fold
- Spoon Bending
- Mental Epic

Regards,
Florian
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Doesn't really matter if it is older material or not. Just to listen to Richard's comments on presentation and the philosophy behind it for three hours was worth $20 any day!

Now if only Penguin could get Bob Cassidy, Dr. Bob and Dr. Crow to lecture in the same manner!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Andre,

I was thinking the same thing, except only the first guy, the other two I am not so sure about!

How awesome would it be to spend 2-3 hours learning from Bob Cassidy. It would be an honor.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
snm
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of snm
Does the download version still include his work on Mental Epic? I read in the other thread that it did not. Can anyone confirm? If it's missing, why?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Snm: The recording is the full lecture. The mental epic work was at the very very end, so others may have missed it.
snm
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of snm
Thanks Acar! Looks like I'm going to be getting this one as well. Really loving all these lectures! Keep 'em coming!!!
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Yes indeed, Bob Cassidy, Max Maven, Banachek, Docc Hilford and a few more U.S. based. If the "The powers that be" at Penguin could arrange that, it would be a Treasure Trove of Information!

Bob Cassidy's Mental Miracles is still one of the best DVD's out IMHO. In fact, I am playing a show this Thursday and I am doing Chronologue (with a slight twist) as my opener.
Powerful stuff!

C'mon Peguin - Get your act together!! Smile
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2667 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I missed the live show but I purchased the download last night and watched it. Over 3 hours of Mr. Osterlind sharing effects, subtleties, variations, performance tips, etc. For $20 you can't go wrong.

Quote:
On 2012-02-14 14:36, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Bob Cassidy's Mental Miracles is still one of the best DVD's out IMHO.

I concur.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
243 Posts

Profile of Darby
For those wondering if this download would be worth it for those who already have his Mind Mysteries DVDs (a question I had), the answer is an unequivocal YES!

Richard has stated that he never uses his own watch for the watch routine anymore - and here he demonstrates how to handle it with a borrowed watch. Not that he didn't discuss it somewhat on the DVDs, but there is a critical misdirection that is shown in this demonstration. He also does the 'multiple moments' ending that he talked about in the DVD but didn't perform.

He shows a new 'technique' with spoon bending - not shown before.

In addition to the list above, he also talks about his Dynamo Deck, something additional he always does to his BCS decks, a math trick, and an 'impromptu' prediction effect with coins.

And while many of the mechanics of the effects are the same, Richard uses these routines to demonstrate other critical points in his lecture regarding stagecraft, his claims as a mentalist, spectator interaction and audience involvement.

Thanks Richard!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind Live Online Lecture! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL