The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Visual Image You Have For Your Memorized Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Mostly for those who used the Aronson memorized deck.
Have often been curious the kinds of visual images some of you have for your the position of your memorized cards.
For instance myself I see the following.
# 7. quite obvious a plate with egg and ham on it.
# 13. an elegant dinner set out on a tomb.
# 15. jocks in the gym snapping a towel at each other
# 27. a doll with an overly long neck
# 43. a ram with a face like the king of spades singing on a stage
# 48. steam coming off a roof with a 48 yr guarantee on the roof shingles
and last not least # 11. Without describing it but I have a feeling every male here has that same image.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Well, I guess it is just me who has a visual image for each position of the memorized Aronson deck. I thought it would be universal.

For some time I felt that some tricks using the memorized deck could have been easily done by the Si Stebbins method. Then I ran into Bill Malone's Hands Off Memory Test which I just blows people away and cannot be done by a Si Stebbins method.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I don't think you are the only one.

I think writing the peg images out might be a bit tedious and reading them more so.

I think it is a valuable tool but I don't see a advantage in knowing everyone's images,
especially since some of the images are deliberately disturbing, sexual or personal.

Either that or you could get a lot of lists that are essentially the same.

By the way I do not have an image for each card but I use the peg system for other things.
I just memorized the list before I realized there was a system coming in a couple of pages ahead.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Visual Image You Have For Your Memorized Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL