The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Doug Henning Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think he deabate boils down to is there any premnuim for Doug Henning Tenyo. I think the majority of the evidence would suggest no. The DH items are a source for new Tenyo tricks that are becoming harder to find such as TOD, Wonder Window, etc. For that reason they will hold value. As Houdini has pointed out prices vary, often without making complete sense. If a DH Tenyo trick does or has sold for a higher price we still have no proof that it was because of the DH association, or simply because someone was looking for a mint version of that particular trick.

I have chatted with a collector I know who has a number of Doug Henning items. I mentioned the DH Tenyo to him and from his persepective it would have some ineterst but not nearly the same as posters, programs, clothing or props from the show. He agreed that if the items had been released with color packaging featuring DH the interest would be much stronger with collectors.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-03-05 10:59, Killertweety wrote:
I never knew DH Squeeze Play was different from Tenyo's. Can you make a picture of the DH ánd the Tenyo version camparing both Azzam?

xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I have an old version of Tenyo Squeeze Play that comes with the smooth glossy plates. However the cup that it came with is exactly the same size as the newer version. The only difference as far as I can tell is that the old version has the Rabbit logo on the bottom of the cup.
Perhaps DH did not want the rabbit logo cups and substituted their own cups instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Doug Henning Tenyo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL