The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning The Ink From Pens Of Of Playing Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
I figured out how to do one of Dynamo's card tricks, annoyingly it involves writing on the card, so I wondered if there is anyway of removing the ink from a pen after doing a trick involving writing on a card, anyone know????
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Don’t know the specific effect, but they’re cheap enough to just replace the card you wrote on with a duplicate from another deck. Rotate which card is used and you have 52 refills.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
If such a substance existed it most likely would be far more expensive than a replacement deck of cards. And probably cause cancer in lab animals. Just buy a new deck or two and replace cards as needed.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I don't know what it might do to the card, but Sharpie does make a permanent ink remover. If I remember correctly dry erase markers will also remove Sharpie ink.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Pour a little nail varnish on a plate soke alittle in a cotton bud and ligthly wipe. White spirt and ligther fule migth also work. But really a new deck of cards is the best way to go.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Several things work. In listing form:

1. Write over the writing with a dry marker and wipe it off.

2. Acetone (nail polish remover) - but it is messy and can take the coating off a card

3. By All Means the Most Efficient - BURN THE CARD and replace it from another deck. (From SAM'S they are about $1.25 a deck.)

My personal favorite is to simply give it to the volunteer to keep.

Bob Sanders
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
A little bit of lighter fliud and a match will get rid of the ink real easy.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 19:01, AceAstyn13 wrote:
I figured out how to do one of Dynamo's card tricks, annoyingly it involves writing on the card, so I wondered if there is anyway of removing the ink from a pen after doing a trick involving writing on a card, anyone know????

All sound advice above - I agree with giving the card to the spectator and replacing the card from another deck.

Out of curiosity, which of Dynamo effects are you referring to? Would it be his handling of Wayne Houchin's french kiss by any chance?

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Even if you need to rePlace the same card over and over.. Buy yourself a forcing deck.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning The Ink From Pens Of Of Playing Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL