The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » "american" Mnemonica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Ive popped my head in here a few times and it looks kinda slow so ill try and get something going. I'm mostly in the gambling forums but I do have a passion for mnemonics and the memorized deck.

if youre familiar with the mnemonica stack, you know that you can not get into it from american NDO. what ive done is to bypass the steps in rearranging american NDO and do the remaining steps necessary to get to mnemonica order.(open a new pack of bicycles and start by doing your faro shuffles instead of running cards singly)

the drawback is that you now don't have a stay stack to work with(which I don't need with mnemonica because I have another stack that I can get into stay stack with).

was wondering if anyone out there has toyed around with this idea. I toyed with it and memorized it for fun. a topic just to start conversation.

which now makes me think of a question...do any of you know a way I can get from NDO to a random appearing stack(si stebbins doesn't count, and I know that in all your years of performing with si stebbins, no one has noticed and order)....hahaa, sorry for that tangent...anyway back to my question, do any of you know a way that I can from NDO to a random appearing stack with less moves and time as possible?....thanks guys....
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, it is easy... trial and error, create your own mem stack; it is in fact that easy. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Of course I can take a new deck and wash the cards give um a few shuffles and memorize, that's easy. maybe I didn't word my question right. I have come up with my own stack from NDO with built in effects and so forth, but it takes about 45 seconds to get into(too long IMO)...ill just figure something out. thanks anyway
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
Why don't you just switch decks? I'll assume you're only concerned with "legitimate" ways haha' but why restrict yourself?

Dave
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Michael Skinner's stack can be set up from NDO fairly quickly. As for the random portion...it doesn't look as random as Mnemonica or Aronson's stack, and it does have a RRBBRRBB...pattern.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
If you work on and master at least two or three good deck switches you card work will benefit for a long time to come. The magic literature is rife with different switches and you want more than one because performing circumstances vary. Many great switches require that you are wearing a coat or jacket, but if you want to be able to do your card magic when you are casually dressed, you need some other options. If I have a magic friend in my audience, I often toss the deck to them for shuffling, and let them switch the deck just before they toss it back to me. You may consider that a cheap shot... but it works well.

Simon Aronson has a great deck switch which I think is explained in conjunction with his effect Bait and Switch.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, "Bait and Switch" (in the "Aronson Approach") is a great trick in itself. Plus you do a switch! Really recommended. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » "american" Mnemonica (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL