The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tricks For A Substitute Teacher? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Synatics
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Synatics
Linx by Alex Pandrea TRUST ME! It's a rubber band trick and it looks AMAZING!
Also is easy to learn.
felbermagic
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
1 Post

Profile of felbermagic
Hi!!

I started out wanting to be a teacher. I have my degree but have since discovered magic and entertaining lay-folk is my main job now and I love it. I still do however sub in the local schools as my part time job to magic. I am certified to sub at any age level. I smiled when I saw this post because I use magic all the time as a sub and like you said it can help keep the kids "good" if they know they are behaving to see a trick aka get entertained by the adult in the room.

To the tricks:
-Try Pointless by Gregery Wilson
-I know you have spongeballs but they do play well for younger kids like you have
-I do what I think is called the Bird Catcher Paddle
-Rope magic like prof nightmare/Richard Sanders' rope dvd has more moves on it
-Airborne with the greatest of ease when you pour yourself a drink will really grab their attention.

If you need more let me know and ill respond. have a good one, teach!!

-Ari Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 00:06, Eric The Awful wrote:
I do a bed of nails routine and, because it is one of my strong points, I try to work it in to as many shows as I can. Always, there is at least one person in the audience who will tell me about how their high-school teacher did that trick once, and explained how it worked. Most of the time, though, they don't say it in a smug "I know how this works" way, but rather in a fond and reminiscent way; it's obvious that the experience stuck with them.

Points? Stuck? You're very punny! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bugatti
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Bugatti
I totally back up the magic coloring book (combined with vanishing crayons) for elementary school. You could also use a skipping rope for a cut and restored routine...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tricks For A Substitute Teacher? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL