The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fake.Suspended Animation perform by Dale Salwak's Student (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicBird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of MagicBird
ONE Hong kong magician using fake suspended Animation perform in public show.
He graduated in Dale Salwak's school, it make everyone disappointed to use fake illusion, no respect for the creator,
I just want to announce please respect the creator and original Magic.
MagicBird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of MagicBird
MagicBird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of MagicBird

Shot at 2012-02-05
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
You mean unauthorized copy .. although it looks well build
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Never seen one up close to know the difference, but it looks legit to me. Perhaps he borrowed or rented it? Just because his name isn't on the list of owners on the official website does not mean the prop isn't authorized.

Just my 2 cents.
-Matt
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
It's better to ask john taylor hahaa
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Yes, it is better to ask John Taylor because seems to me one origonal!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
The illusion is a rip off.
Can you please let me know the persons name.

If anyone name isn't on the Licensed Owner list at http://www.SuspendedAnimationIllusion.com it's more then likely a rip off as it's updated all the time.

Thank you for your post Magicbird and keep them coming people if you know of any other pirate builders or performers.

Best Regards,
John Taylor
MagicBird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of MagicBird
Sorry late message for john
here is the website for the rip off performer

http://www.bondlee.com/
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
@Matthew W:

I got a question:
Is a licensed owner allowed to borrow the illusion to anothert magician for a show?

Regards
Richard
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Dixie - why would any illusionist who has saved up to buy an exceptional prop, that gives him an edge on the other performers out there - want to lend it, rent it or let any other magician perform it? Sorry but my illusions are mine. I've paid several hundred thousand dollars to be able to offer my clients something different from other illusionists in my market place. I don't rent or lend them to anyone.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Hi Murray,
Sometimes there moght be a situation where it could make sense.
I knew a young man who was (is) really gifted. However, coming from a poor family and living in a poor country he had to concentrate on things which he could afford and spent long hours to practuce card tricks. I have rarely seen someone who performed as good as him.
When he was asked whether he could also do a small show for ca. 100 people (with good payment), I borrowed him some of my smaller tricks so that he could earn the money. Some months later I borrowed him 2 illusions for a show with some more people and some more payment. He is now earning his living with small shows. Sometimes talents just need a little help to start and if it is not a dirct competition, why not doing it.
Of course I understand your reasons as well, but my question I can not answer is:
Is it allowed to borrow or rent an illusion to someone else if you are the legitimate owner?
Regards
Richard
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

Hi Dixie,
I do understand but for a young, deserving magician, I might consider lending a sub trunk, sword basket,tip-over trunk or zig zag - but an expensive proprietary illusion that was custom built for my show and is one of only 20 or 40 or 100 like it in the world - sorry but no. Again - I spend a great deal of money on rare or unusual illusions so that my show is different from other illusionists. To then let others perform them and thus offer their clients (who might also potentially be my clients)the same pieces from my show only cuts my throat.

Then there's also the matter of someone being ready for a certain level of prop. Generally as someone attains a certain level of proficency and excellence their income improves allowing them to buy props, costumes and routines at that higher level. Sorry but generally young, even young and very talented, magicians aren't ready for the big leagues. They need to spend time in the trenches developing themselves before they become invested in big props, assistants and large scale illusion shows.

It's only my pathway but I started doing magic full time at 18 and for the first 4 or 5 years didn't own anything bigger than a wrist chopper and a Chalet Doves to Rabbit. Many of the best magicians in the world today earn a living and do exceptional magic with nothing more than a briefcase full of their props. No one "deserves" to own, perform or do big illusions.... Just my opinion.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:
On 2012-07-01 17:08, Dixie wrote:
@Matthew W:

I got a question:
Is a licensed owner allowed to borrow the illusion to anothert magician for a show?

Regards
Richard

If they are or aren't, is the magic police going to stop them if they want to?

Magic is based around an pretty much unwritten code. It is up to creators and builders to enforce their own license agreements. If a builder licenses an illusion to someone overseas, how is he really going to enforce the license?
-Matt
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

I believe it's up to the owner of the illusion who has paid for the rights. It's his prop to use as he see's fit - even if he chooses to let someone else perform it. He can also sell it and the rights transfer to the new owner.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Agreed Murray, Sometimes I have a lot of success with a few coins, a few flowers from feathers and similar small things.
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
And now... Smile The first prize for the mother of all fake Suspended Animation!
And the winner is...
http://youtu.be/WS_oKEO2kxM
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 09:45, Sorcerer wrote:
And now... Smile The first prize for the mother of all fake Suspended Animation!
And the winner is...
http://youtu.be/WS_oKEO2kxM

Thanks, now I know how it s done. lol.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

Ssucahyo - actually you don't and apparently, neither did the performers who built this one. This isn't the way it's done. Look at any authorized Suspended Animation out there and the pedestal isn't large enough to open and climb up like this. This is an incredibly poorly built and wrongly conceived rip off of a Suspended Animation. It would be laughable if it weren't so sad...
Edsel Chiu
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong / Los Angeles
326 Posts

Profile of Edsel Chiu
Hello all,

On John Taylor's website, it states that "It can be performed with just 2 people - Magician and Assistant! Yes you heard right (2 x people)". Does it mean two people will be seen by audience? Because I know that this couldn't be done with JUST two people, if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the input!

Edsel
"If there is magic, let it be an art." - William Shakespeare
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fake.Suspended Animation perform by Dale Salwak's Student (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL