We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Hi
Hope this the right place to ask. I was just wondering where you all go to find out about books that are due to come out as I wanted a rough idea of what books are due out in the next few months
Thanks
Gareth
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi Gareth,

Personally I check here first as Peo seems to have a line on new publications. Also, I check with my magic dealer as well. A good idea is to get on mailing lists from L&L, Hermetic Press, H&R Magic Books, and Denny and Lee Magic Studio for example. Also check out Leaping Lizards Magic. These guys publish some great "alternative" magic.

Even though the company is for wholesale to dealers only,Murphy's Magic Supplies is a GREAT source for upcoming releases in everything magic.

Hope this helps!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6022 Posts

Profile of motown
H&R has their 4F book coming out this month.

http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......833rm7f0
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Thanks guys. I will do what you said vald Smile . That 4f book sounds like it might be good thanks for the heads up motown
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
I think vanishing inc puts out beautiful books and notes! well edited and usually a fun read full of color pictures and easy to follow descriptions! I find that they constantly find great talent for the books, caleb wiles, rich aviles, john gustafarro......... there mailing list is key!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6022 Posts

Profile of motown
Holder has a new book out from Dan & Dave:

More information about Helder's new book can be found at:
http://shop.dananddave.com/reflections-helder-guimaraes.html
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
I agree chris vanishing inc do nice stuff I have rich aviles and john's books and they are very well made and easy to understand. any thing Andi Gladwin puts his name on I think is good, 52 memories is one of my fav books. thanks motown I have that book funny enough was going to read it today as I have some time. thanks for all the replys
Gareth
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Duane Laflin's has a new book "On Stage With Illusions" is coming out.

He announced it on facebook this week.

He will have copys this weekend and Kidabra http://www.kidabra1.org
it will also be available at http://laflinmagicstore.com/ when and if the site every comes back up.

I am trying to arrange my schedule for this weekend so that I can head for KIDabra, would like to get an autographed copy.

The following quote and picture were stolen from Duane's facebook page I hope he does not mind Smile

"Big news, my new book "On Stage With Illusions" is here. 170 pages, 8 1/2 by 11, lots of information and pictures. It will be available through my son David at laflinmagicstore.com on Wednesday. I'm super excited about the book. I think it is the most extensive book ever written on the art of performing state illusions. Will try to get more information up about it soon. By the way, the book will be formally introduced first at this coming KIDabra weekend in Cherry Hill, NJ on February 12."

Click here to view attached image.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
hp
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of hp
One way to find out about new books is to get on mailing lists. Some of the ones I am on seem to offer a lot of books: lybary.com, Hermetic Press, Vanishing Magic Inc., H&R Magic Books, and MY (Meir Yedid) Magic. Sometimes they also offer excellent special discounts to mailing list folks only.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New books (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL