The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My performance of Diction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8JLTyQhl4

Highly Recomend purchasing this from Kranzo!

Your thoughts?
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't do stage so all I would say (as the gig seemed nice and relaxed and fun) was to show the process of mind-reading just a little bit more, and show the audience the word before you ask the two ladies to reveal it...

oh and maybe you don't need to say "it makes perfect sense for me to have a pocket dictionary"...its just a dictionary and could even be used to select the person to join you on stage by gentle flinging or passing around...
I've asked to be banned
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Hi Bill

I enjoyed watching that, and it's clear that your audience did too. Very funny and entertaining.
I like to use a lot of humour too, but not anything like as condensed as that lol.

I do agree with Iain however that the presentation seemed to lack a little something in terms of the actual mind-reading.
But you call yourself a mental magician rather than a mentalist, which connotes a particular style of delivery - something similar, in fact, to what I see in this video. So fair play, great entertainment and I imagine you have no problems drawing a decent crowd in for your shows.
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
Thanks guys. I do a full comedy mentalsm show with plenty of dramatic
mind moments. These two get me a little off track. It sure was fun though.
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Great routine. I think I would always pick a blonde with glasses and encourage the same outcome.
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Hey Bill,

I liked the video. Great room to let the jokes breathe.
I perform Diction myself and combine it with a Hoy book test using a second book. I agree with Iain and that there is not a lot of "mind reading" in the reveal. One thing that works great that I use is from Banachek's lecture notes and also touched on in his book Psychological Subtleties 1 is "The Brain Game" It's a great way to spell out the word letter by letter but makes them think you are naming the letters they are just thinking about.
Very strong.
Otherwise great job!
All the best,
Luke
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
73 Posts

Profile of CL
Hi Bill. I loved this performance of Diction. Thanks for sharing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My performance of Diction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL