The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Watch Stealing Video/DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
I have read mixed reviews about all the watch steal videos on the market. Which would you recommend as the best to learn from? Im looking at the Chappy Brazil and James Coats mainly as I'm interested in learning to revove all different types of watches.

Thanks,

Matthew Smile
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
I haven't seen the James Coats one but the Chappy Brazil video is definitely worth getting. I believe that when these have been discussed on here in the past Chappy wins every time.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
carlf
View Profile
New user
Kent, UK
37 Posts

Profile of carlf
Hi Matthew,

You may also be interested to learn about 'Stealing the Show - The Ultimate Pickpocket Guide" which is due out within the next 3-4 weeks:-

http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=381

A web trailer is also available at:-

http://www.magictricks.co.uk/videos/stealingtheshow.wmv

This DVD covers pickpocketing/watch stealing and is presented by James Freedman, "The Man of Steal". It has been filmed at the Magic Circle in London.

Further details will be posted on our website over the forthcoming weeks.

best regards

Carl Fraser
MagicTricks.co.uk
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Thanks Carl,

I spoke to James a few days ago about the video and will definitely be buying that as well as his booklet when they are available.

I also however want to get one of the videos dedicated solely to the watch steal.

Chappy or Coates?

Thanks, Matthew
carlf
View Profile
New user
Kent, UK
37 Posts

Profile of carlf
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that. My personal preference is for the Chappy Brazil version. Another one to consider is Kevin King's Watch Bandit, which is fun, but probably not as detailed as the Chappy Brazil version.

best regards

Carl
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
There is no comparison. Chappy Brazil's tape wins every time. Not only does it showcase Chappy's excellent handling of the steal it also doesn't have the "I'm an a****** magician" vibe that others have.
I have viewed other watch stealing vids and none come close.

I recently saw "The Art of Pickpocketing" and it wasn't very good. The spectators had little or no idea what was going on, in this case it was a bad thing. The cover used to steal the watches weren't well thought out at all. I got the same feeling that I believe most of the audiences on the DVD had, which was confusion.
Do yourself a favor and get Chappy's you'll be glad you did.
Jason
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Cheers for your views Jason- any one else?
JamesCoats
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JamesCoats
Mat:

Here are a few suggestions The Chappy Brazil video is the bible of watch stealing, nothing can take it's place and everyone should have one since Chappy is no longer with us. Mastering the Art of Watch Stealing shows how to remove 7-8 different style watches using everyday magic which you already know. If you have them both you will be prepared for anything.

Mastering the Art of Pickpocketing shows pickpocketing on the Streets with out scripting or actors just real people where you would find them doing what they do. We approached it at a different angle and that angle is we show you the basics and you fill in the rest to suit your needs and personality. Support the growth of the pickpocket magic arts and get a copy of James Freedman's "Stealing the Show" he is a great friend and one of the best pickpocket's in the world.

November 15 and 16 Nicholas Byrd and Myself are hosting the very first 2 day pickpocketing entertainmnet teaching seminar here in Chicago. Please look in the October issue of Magic Magazine for our full page ad. For more details please PM me.

Thanks,

James Coats
amadrigal
View Profile
New user
Bolingbrook IL
79 Posts

Profile of amadrigal
I just finished the two day Byrd & Coats Pickpocket seminar and just WOW....
The materials, information, practice, one on one instruction just couldn't be beat. The video's may not be to EVERYONE'S liking but we'll crucify James later for not being perfect. I like the video's they do very well exactly what they are supposed to do SHOW HOW ITS DONE, and if you notice, Nicholas' approach is different then James' and they still accomplish the goal.. I got the video's to learn how to pickpocket and steal watches.... and now I can, I did NOT buy them to learn how to perform like James Coats and Nicholas Byrd.
The 2 day Seminar excellent without a doubt, if it comes your way GO GO GO... I am telling the Practice I got alone was worth EVERY PENNY.
Hands on exp. you just cant beat, meeting new people from around the U.S., and from every walk of life not happy with the video almost ALL ?'s wil be answered.

Mr. Byrd and Mr. Coats thanks for one of the best spent weekends I have had in a long while.

Let me know when you are having another seminar my email
Thanks
Armando Madrigal
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
What everyone else says, the Chappy Brazil version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best Watch Stealing Video/DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL