The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » AN rip-off? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 05:19, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.

I don't see any other effect, either. Is there supposed to be one?
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
This technique has been utilized prior
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 22:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 05:19, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.

I don't see any other effect, either. Is there supposed to be one?
Apparently a devious little routine that will go right into your mentalism act. No disrespect to Spidey but I already have several drawing dupes that are superior to the one demonstrated to show the p**k.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 16:23, NeilS wrote:
It is a shame this thread has such an off putting title. I've just watched Sneak Peek and tried it out. It is very deceptive and with a handling I have not seen before. For a sneaky peek, this has to be one of the best and one I'll definitely be using. All you need is a pen and business card and you're all set for a miracle - what more could you want!

Indeed -the title choice is poor taste....it could have been - does anyone have info on this peek X? And in first post... How does it compare to AN?

IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I prefer it to AN for two reasons. The folding is more straightforward and the actual peek is incredibly deceptive.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Neil,

I have a way of doing AN with business cards that needs no special folding at all. It also adds a nice touch to your cards. PM me if you like mate.

Best
Sean
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I recently picked this up, mostly out of curiosity. I also think Spidey's a nice guy and handled this situation (and a similar past situation) with respect and class.

Back to Sneak Peek - based on the performance video and comments made on this thread, I had a feeling I knew what this was going in and I was partially right. Instead of a AN variation, I view it as more of a combination of methods. I won't mention which methods, in particular, as I wouldn't want to reveal too much.

The production quality is topnotch and Bedros does an excellent job of teaching the effect in addition to providing some subtleties.

Would I recommend this? That's hard to say. If you're not very familiar with billet work, Switchcraft would be a better investment. However, if you haven't quite found a peek you're comfortable with, Sneak Peek might be worth a look.

Up next: The good doctor's Billet tear.

-Tony
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I performed Sneak Peek on my wife over lunch. Being the suspicious sort she watched me like a hawk and at the end concluded, 'I've no idea how you got that!'

It is rare for her to say that sort of thing.

Sean has also shared with me his idea for using his business card which again needs no special folding. This makes the whole process so much easier and also, as it is not pre-folded, less suspect. Thanks Sean - it is very neat, in more ways than one Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 10:39, Sean Giles wrote:
Neil,

I have a way of doing AN with business cards that needs no special folding at all. It also adds a nice touch to your cards. PM me if you like mate.

Best
Sean

Shawn,put out a Pdf! Smile
Agreed, on this thread...It would have been better to start differently!
Spidey,has been great through this!
Amira...shame/shame!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 18:53, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 10:39, Sean Giles wrote:
Neil,

Best
Sean

Shawn,put out a Pdf! Smile

Lol. I'm happy to share stuff with the right people Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Sean,Oooops...sorry about the spelling of your name!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I think Spidey is a name to watch - I have also downloaded his Celebrity Match and Psycho and both are very practical, strong effects.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
I bought this. And I have to say it's a neat p**k. I can't say I'm going to use the method (I might if the situation calls for it) but Spidey explains it well and is obviously very good at this move. He performs it flawlessly. I'm a big fan of BS's and p**ks. I'm amassing a little collection at the moment and I'm glad I bought it as it's inspired me to come up with a sneaky move of my own. Rock on, Spiderman! :-D
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Sean's idea he mentioned above is a nice touch, that has more than one benefit to the pro performer.

Thanks for sharing mate. You can go back in the shed anytime.

Steve
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Wanted to publicly thank Sean for sharing his AN handling with me. Truly a gentleman and a scholar! Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Had quite a few people asking for my AN handling, which is fine if you're genuinely following the path.

Just note that I'm not sharing the method, and my addition will only make sense to owners of AN.

Best,
Sean
THB
View Profile
Regular user
Brussels
177 Posts

Profile of THB
Quote:

By the way, there is a second effect on the video called "Conexion", which is pretty good.

If tony says, I listen,

so I plunged.

well the effect isn't there anymore. could spidey get back to us ( or to me at least) on that.

seeing the gentleman he has been on dealing with millard, I can only imagine that he will deal with this approproately also Smile

Thanks
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Yes I'd like to know about the other effect as it was mentioned in the trailer and was part of the reason I purchased this.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
I recently purchased this and discovered that Connexion was no longer included in the video.

I contacted Spidey about it and to my understanding when Theory 11 reproduced the video they left out the second effect because it was unrelated to Sneak Thief.

Hopefully Theory 11 will re-release Connexion as a stand alone effect in the near future.

You know what? I'm actually going to send Theory 11 a request to do this.

Spidey is a great guy and I've enjoyed everything I've seen from him and I'm going to let them know I want to see more.

No hype, just the truth.

`JT
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Hey guys!

sorry it took me so long to jump in here. I rarely check the Café... I need to change that habit, particularly when I re-release a confusing download lol

first of all, thank you to all of you who enjoyed my peek, or those who didn't see themselves using it but expressed this in a gracious way. Awesome! Smile

NOW let's talk about CONNEXION!

For those of you who are confused by this "second effect" here is the story. Sneak peek was originally a download on the Wire including my billet peek and a routine with blank cards which uses another original peek within a very cool little mentalism effect which I use A LOOOOTTTT in close up situations.

The incredible success of the download made T11 want to refilm it with their guys and make it a T11 product, not a WIRE product. BUT since the fuss was MOSTLY about the peek (as beginners,which are a large part of their customer base WOULD find interessting) CONNEXION got lost somewhere in the shuffle, pun intended!

ALSO Connexion uses double blank cards which we know where to find but a lot of beginners don't. Therefore; connexion was not refilmed!

If anyone on here HAS sneak peek but the new, theory11 version, CONNEXION-less. Please please please PM me and I will send you connexion. Because most of you guys on here are working pros and the working pro WILL enjoy connexion (i hope)

So if that is the case, please PM me.

Atticus: I still encourage you to write to theory11 saying how much you enjoyed connexion Smile

Thanks guys!
Spidey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » AN rip-off? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL