The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mind Blasters USA - Any Reviews? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Just wondered if anyone as purchased this and cares to offer a review and description of the effects included. I've been getting promotional e-mails and this sounds interesting with many great contributors. It offers the names of the included effects and works but I was hoping to get a review with more detailed descriptions and feedback.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Mindpro,

Contributors have just received the PDF themselves, so I am sure no one has had much time to check out all of the contents, as it is a whopping 350 pages. Each contributor will be able to sell the PDF from their own site, or mailing list.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Ah, gottcha. That makes sense, as I'm sure this is going to get rave reviews. I'll just sit tight and wait for the reviews to come in. Guess I've just been anticipating much talk about it. Thanks Sean.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Mindpro,

I know I am not the first to the dance, since a number of emails, etc. have already been sent.

It is available from Peter at: http://www.peterduffie.com

It is also available from me at: http://www.watersmindworks.com/synergy.html

With regards,

Sean
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks Sean,yes I've received several e-mails myself from those participating in the project, but I was looking for some reviews from those not part of the project before I decide to purchase.

I'm interested in how many of the effects are for stage, vs. closeup, etc. And how many are new effects vs. reworking of other effects, etc.

I have no doubt it will be a quality project, I'm just interested in more detailed descriptions with reviews and to see what purchaser's consider to be the standouts.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Here is a description of my contribution:

UN-CRUSHED

Effect:
A participant’s plastic water bottle is crushed. After some collective concentration from the group, the bottle begins to move and “pop”…and actually starts to inflate…or “uncrush” in a participant’s hand.
The bottle is borrowed and unprepared, and never touched be the performer.
Presentation:
While performing, the mentalist notices a spectator with a plastic water bottle, and asks if they’d like to participate in an exercise in “collective-concentration”. It is explained that using the collective concentration from the group, they may be able to achieve a form of telekinesis. But, they have to start small. In fact, the mentalist recommends beginning by trying to move only air.
The participant is asked to take the cap off of their water bottle, and to squeeze the bottle so that is slightly crushed, and then to replace the cap while squeezing the bottle. It is explained that a vacuum is created, and that the bottle will remain in this crushed state until the cap is removed. When the cap is removed, the bottle naturally restores itself to its original condition (this is not the effect).
It is explained that with “collective concentration”, it is possible to use the untapped resources of the human mind to accomplish the impossible. In this case, a small group will try to manipulate molecules inside the sealed bottle to reverse the effects of the vacuum, and cause the bottle to “un-crush”.
The cap is removed again, and the bottle is squeezed slightly as before, and the cap is replaced. The bottle is placed on the table, or laid in the participant’s hand. The participant is asked to hold their fingers on the bottle where it is crushed and concentrate on the air inside of the bottle. Everyone present, is asked to assist in this exercise of concentration. They are to imagine the molecules inside the bottle moving faster and faster. When the participant holding the bottle can feel the molecules moving faster, they are to remove their finger from the bottle, but continue to concentrate.
Soon the bottle begins to move, and “pop”…and actually starts to inflate…or “uncrush” in their hand.
The bottle is borrowed and unprepared, and never touched by the performer.

Available here:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/Mindblasters.htm
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Viano2
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Viano2
It is a great idea. I am anxious to hear some reviews.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I bought this last night (from Peter Duffie who is also including an additional ebook containing 3 very solid effects.) Because Mind Blasters USA is such a large work I have only had chance to read the entries of a few of the contributors. Those I have read have included some effects and writings that have appeared elsewhere. However, having said that, what is included is top rate and as I was reading some of the entries I could not help thinking this was a bit like 'the best of the best.'

One of my favourite effects which use the whole audience is included in the book and which again reminded me this is strong workable material.

A further thing that impressed are the essays included in MindBlasters. Again these are thoughts from top names and minds and contain some very powerful ideas. Already I have read one which I will delight in using.

As I have only had chance to dip into this work it would be wrong to single out any particular contributions but Peter Duffie is to be congratulated in compiling this major work and resource.

As I read and delve further I know there will be many more gems to discover. For its very reasonable price and the sheer expertise of its contributors, this is a brilliant work and a must buy for any interested in furthering their knowledge of mentalism and its presentation.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I've given it a brief run through and was suitably impressed.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 09:29, Mindpro wrote:
Just wondered if anyone as purchased this and cares to offer a review and description of the effects included. I've been getting promotional e-mails and this sounds interesting with many great contributors. It offers the names of the included effects and works but I was hoping to get a review with more detailed descriptions and feedback.

I’d be happy to provide a description of the effects I’ve read so far – and will post updates as I proceed through the book.

As a co-author, I will not be providing any full reviews, but reserve the right to give my impressions here and there.

A.I. R. by Don Theo III – A billet prediction effect. I especially liked the time machine presentation.

Money in a Balloon by Ray Carlyle – A stage bank night effect with balloons.

The No Gimmick Book Test by Ray Carlyle – A stage book test

Barbara by Tony Razzano – An Emotionally Charged presentation for the Koran Medallion.

An Effect Without a Name by Tony Razzano – A simple, yet powerful, triple prediction. I like it!

Sarah by Tony Razzano – A spooky presentation for a watch effect.

The Detective’s Peek by me – A classic (but not so well known) technique for getting more bang from your billet work.

More to come….

Elliott
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Hi Elliot!

Can you tell us more about The Detective's peek?

Best wishes to all.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Jose,

I can tell you everything there is to know about The Detective’s Peek. But I want people to buy the e-book Smile

I suppose it would not give much away to say that it is something I use often. It is also not my original idea (although I thought it was at one time.)

Thanks again,

Elliott
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Detective's Peek was one of my favorite pieces in Mind Blasters, great idea Elliot and to everyone on the fence about purchasing this wonderful volume, don't do it...I want to be greedy and keep it all the knowledge for myself Smile

-Jake
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It still seems to me that no one is really talking about this. Why aren't details and explanations very forthcoming?

Most other releases have people chiming in on their favorite effects and offering some details as to what the effects are, how they play, etc. (no methods). People seem to be talking pretty vaguely which really surprises me since so many great names are involved?

Are there any good stage routines here? If so which ones and why?

Why is no one talking about Chuck Hickok's contributions. Everything he does or releases is always been well documented and discussed here. Bernstein, Busch, Richardson, Riggs & Strivings. I had expected this place would be on fire with this by now. Just seems strange to me.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I am obvioulsy biased because I am a contributer and selling the eBook, but I honestly think it is a great release. 80 effects and bits for under $30, and from some "big names" in the field.

I have already sold a few copies, and have heard some great things back; hopefully more detailed reviews will be posted soon. Perhaps the purchasers are too busy reading the 300+ pages!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Jake!

Mindpro, it’s a really big e-book and I did not get my hands on the full book until shortly before release.

That being said, I will definitely post brief descriptions of each item as I make my way through the book.

Speaking of which:

Drawn Again by Danny Archer – A Design Duplication. It reads well. However, it uses some card moves that are beyond my current skills.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Here’s another one:

Shopping Trip by Barrie Richardson – The performer divines three pieces of information. It is an excellent presentation and does not seem technically difficult at all. On my first read, I was a little unclear how the performer learns the first piece of information (a page number.) I will read the instructions more carefully later. But in any case, I am not concerned, as, in a worst case scenario, I can make minor adjustments.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
OK. Here’s an easy one.

Open Confabulation by Allen Zingg – A Confabulation routine. I can tell you this without even reading the twenty pages of instruction. I’m psychic like that. Seriously though, I plan to read it over the weekend. Allen’s work is generally excellent.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks for the info so far. No offense to Bryn, Tony R, Sean and the many others who have contrinuted to this, as I do value your opinions as most of you know that, I was just wanting to hear some unrelated reviews.

ElliottB, without having read it, I would imagine the Zingg Confabulation is some type of confab with a b****t s****h, right?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
It would not be appropriate for me to discuss specific methodology. And, having not read the effect yet, I can honestly say I have no idea Smile

I think what you really want to know is whether this is the Confabulation routine from Billets Naturally and Master Billet Course?

The answer is that this is a completely different routine. (I can tell that by looking at the pictures.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mind Blasters USA - Any Reviews? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL