We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Great Teleportation ever (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Just wondering,
if there is teleportation in the art of mentalism?
can I perform it with 2 cars? and a lot of concentration act? then we call it mentalism effect?
or is it still an illusion?

What is the ethic?
I got a job from one of the car companies, they want me to move the cars, or change place. but they also know that I'm a mentalist. they saw me on television doing teleportation with a bill. now they want to do it with their car, is it still mentalism?
Smile
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
Not really, but does it matter to you? Why waste the opportunity?

Marc Climens
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I know, sounds like a great opportunity. I would do it (if I knew how).

Anabelle Smile
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
Ask Ted Lesley if teleportation is not good for a mentalist.
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
I bet Berglas would have done it and not even looked back!
Your "miracle skills" are only as YOU define them. If the car company can give you the budget to pull off the effect (which can be done!), why wouldn't you take the job?
If you decide not to do it, have the car company drop me an email. Smile
Ted (Leondo)
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
IMHO I don't think this is mentalism.
However it will be a good publicity stunt that you can take advantage of.

It's all about how you want others to see you. If you have performed a teleportation effect before then it's because it fits your character, and if you did it with a bill, then a car wouldn't be much of a difference. Smile
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
You could perform this as a mentalist, if you use some imagination. You could perform mass hypnosis on the audience, saying you will get them to see red as blue an blue as red. You could do this with the same mechanics as the transposition effect, although it would take some very good presentational skills to pull it off. Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
296 Posts

Profile of asmayly
You would probably have to present covering the cars incidentally: you show the cars, you cover them, you talk about how perception is a state of mind, you talk about it's possible to convince a group of people they will see something entirely different from what they know it to be. You tell them they know there is a red car behind this curtain, but you will convince them they will see a different color. (You force someone to choose the color "blue" somehow)--The car will now be blue provided of course they will allow their imagination to be free.

Unveil the car and ask them "Can you see it! Does the car look blue?! If the car is blue, clap!" Get everyone to clap (this of course would be a closer routine).
-----
This is a possible routine, granted of course, you've got diamond hard ...um..nerves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Great Teleportation ever (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL