The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Battle of Magicians (#21) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The twenty first year of the Battle of Magiicans will be in Canton, Ohio, on May 3, 4, 5, 2012. Produced by Tim Dermeer, this convention has consistently produced top notch talent for bargain prices.

Booked this year are some great acts with some exciting new faces. Kerry Pollock, Eric Buss, John Carney, Geoff Williams,Tim Angelonii, Amber Alberts, Trig Watson, Jeff Bibik, Mr. Mysto, Al Callus Guyula CZili, and Jason Hudy. This is the first major conveniton that Jason Hudy will be making an appearance at after appearing on "Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson".

Three days of fun, fellowship and magic, All for under $100. Held at the Canton Marriott, the rooms are all $85. There are 6 lectures, Dealers, Close-up show, Close-up and Stage contest, and two stage shows. The Saturday night show is held at the restored 1926 Canton Palace theater. To see a show in that theater is worth the entire price of the convention.

The website is http://www.battleofmagicians.com or email Tim @ TLD442@aol.com.

Akron Canton Airport is right up the street. I think the hotel offers a free shuttle.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Several people are lamenting the demise of MagiFest. If you want to see what MagiFest used to be like years ago, come to the Battle of Magicians. Dealers are still in hotel rooms which make it an unique experience to interact with your favorite dealers. It is a smaller but great little convention that is mainly just plain fun.
Plus it will not break the bank to go to it. Free parking and plenty of reasonable or cheap places to eat close by. Akron Canton airport is an easy ride (5- 10 minutes). The Saturday night show always rivals the big convention in the historic resotred 1926 Canon Palace theater. It is worth the trip alone to see the theater.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Just got word that we might have a special surprise lecturer. I will announce it once it is final.

Keep looking and get those registrations in now.
Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5380 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Who, me?
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Koz, Do you lecture?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5380 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No...would be the frat one
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It's official. Josh Jay has been added to the lineup for the 21st Battle of Magicians. Josh will lecture on Friday morning with lots of good useable ideas.
Josh grew up in magic in Canton. It is nice to see him come back and lecture after working with Magic magazine for many years, writing several books and globe trotting the world.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
hefemexy
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
If anyone is looking for a roommate to save cost..message me
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
ONly two spots remain for the Closeup and two for the Stage contest and a chance at over $1600 in prizes. Looks like this year is shaping up to be a good one.

So don't hesitate if you plan on entering the contests. Get them in now!

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Getting close now. There may be one spot left in each contest.

I am off to FFFF this week. Home for a couple of days then off to the 21st Battle.

Hopefully, I will have a little time to get some things built and older magic made to take to sell.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Now I'm squared away with everything including the room. I'm ready to ship out next week for another great International Battle of Magicians in Canton, Ohio.

You know that in the future it could well be the ONLY magicians' convention in Ohio! Getting into the next one could be very competitive.

Looking forward to seeing my magician friends there again.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- There is some new silk magic this time too! I will also have my Dropper available for you Cup and Ball magicians.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=54&54

Eggs, eggs, eggs! Have you seen Cody Fisher's Silk2Eggs?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of thementalist814
The Battle of Magicians is so much fun! I always have a great time there. FFFF is so boring, compared to the battle. I know people would diaagree with me on that one but that's my own opinion.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I enjoy them both in their own way. I leave tomorrow morning bright and early for FFFF and then back catch up and back to the Battle to deal and run the Palace show.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

I'll see you there Richard! The Palace show is the icing on the cake.
dand243
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dand243
Hi everyone. I've lived in Canton and have never attended the battle of magicians convention, but I have been to the headliner show. The reason I've never attended is because I'm mainly just a hobbiest when it comes to magic and I always thought conventions were for pros. Is this true or is this something I could attend because I would love to see all the dealers tables cause theres not many if any magic shops around here. thanks guys
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

The Battle of Magicians is a great convention to attend regardless if you are a hobbyist or pro. Both will find value of some sort. The most enjoyable aspect of the battle is the dealers rooms but the same can be said of any magic convention. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you decide to attend. You will learn a lot. The top two convention I enjoy going to are Mindvention and the Battle of Magicians!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thursday is the first day! I'm here already. Look for #117 on the Hall of Dealers. (Don't forget to wear your badge to get in.)

Bob
DoveLite Silk
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1467 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I was hoping to be there working this year but alas....Disney calls...I'll be thinking of all of you while I'm crusin' with Mickey.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Today is the last day. But should be even better than yesterday which was grand! Great lectures, great shows and loads of friends. Join us!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

The Battle this year was okay. Every lecturer was repetitive to the point I went crosseyed. I mean constantly seeing cards, coins, and silks. That's too much. They should bring other variety lecturers like mentalists and comedy magicians (although Kerry Pollock was great). Well, I'm looking forward to Mindvrntion this year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Battle of Magicians (#21) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL