The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is this effect called. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
I bought this effect years ago from a stall and pretty much wore it out. Can't for the life of me find it anywhere out there now so anybody got any clues.

Its a packet effect that came in its own credit card wallet and you pull out four blue backed cards and show them to the audience. Introduce a Joker that you say is a photographic card and then lay aside one blue backed card, showing both sides before adding a red backed card to the mix. Hey presto all card become Red backed. Put down one of the red cards, fairly and visibly and then introduce another card with a different back and all cards change to that backing. This happens about four times before you say that you've run out of different cards so perhaps the spectator would like to think of a backing. Instantly all cards change to pictures of scantily clad ladies. How risque. What a naughty spectator.

The thing I liked about this trick was that it was quite easy to do with a basic sleight, the backs of the cards were diverse and attractive (and not just the women) and it was a high impact effect.

But what the heck was it called ?

:P
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
The only trick that comes close to that effect that I know of is Bruce Cervons "Dirty Deal" however he does not end up with the cards with ladies on it, otherwise the same effect.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Ken Brooke's version of Dirty Deal, which he marketed in the late 70s, finished with the ladies! Smile
Wallace B
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
Thanks,

Is there anything like this still on sale ?
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Paul Hallas of PHmagic in the UK has it on his website. By the way Paul is a member of the Café so he might see your post.
Wallace B
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
Thanks a lot Wallace...another magic site that I haven't heard of. I'll take a peek.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is this effect called. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL