The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Consecutive "T" Numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Some collectors are shooting for the whole shebang of the Tenyo "T" series. I just collect what I consider the best ones. In an ongoing effort to peacock our Tenyo geekness to the entire world, I'd like to know everyones current longest consecutive "T" series run. Mine is 9. T-153 Diabolicus to T-161 Parabox. Amateur level huh. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Inert, there are some great tricks in that run. I am currently 14 shy of a complete run but know there are a number of others on here that are closer to a complete run. I started out like you but somehow got sucked into the Tenyo "vortex" <g>. As much as I would like a complete run do not expect to achieve it as there a several that are next to impossible to find. The search continues though!

Cheers,

John
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Same here. I started just getting the tricks I was interested in. In fact I passed up on some pretty hard to find items because I wasn't particularly interested in them. Of course once I had the ones I wanted I figured it couldn't hurt to get a couple more and then a couple more. Anyway 200 tricks later, I am still looking for a couple of those that I passed up on way back when.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL... I think we should start a seperate post... Hello I am ___________, and I'm a Tenyo addict.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hi Guys. Wow...truly impressive! John, I think you nailed it with the "Vortex' description. It is a constant battle for me. xl18, that pesky hindsight thang huh. Do you both find "The Rush," the same, less or more intense when you hit now? Can I also ask how many years the quest has been ongoing?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have only 26 consecutive T-serie. T-193 to T-218...
There is lot of trick missing to have a big consecutive serie in my collection ( T-234 / T-219 / T-192 / T-174 / T-168 / T-144 / T-128 / T-111 ...)
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Hello, I'm David and I'm a Tenyoholic Smile

I have no idea how many consecutive numbers I have, but here's my list of items: http://www.tenyo.be/collection.html

The list needs update because I recently purchased Cups And Balls and Linking Rings (still available in Japan/from Ebay by the way) - so yeah, 10 short for a complete collection, but that will never happen!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
*** it... Killertweety is now four ahead of me.... must find more Tenyo... must find more Tenyo... must f

I just watched the Steve Martin movie "The Big Year" some similar compulsive traits shown in that movie to some of us Tenyo collectors!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
LMAO!!!
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Wait for me please. I am trying to catch up!
I already checked Ebay and the For Sale forum 32 times today but there are no new Tenyo there.
Maybe if I check again now...
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Inert, to answer your question the majority of my collection was built over a very focused 2 year period. I searched every lead I could find on-line to track down items around the world. The "obsession" thankfully has lessened to a degree. I will say though now when I find something new the "rush" is still great as the items are tougher and tougher to find.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Can't write still howling tears down face
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I started in 2007.
It started innocently enough. I simply picked up a Marvin's Magic magic set for my son at a local closeout store. Who knew at the time what consequences that simple act would have. Because it came with a nice DVD showing some other cool Marvin's Magic tricks such as Dynamic Coins and Invisible Zone. Wouldn't it be nice to get some more of these for "my son"?
Anyway that led me to Tenyo and their website where I found they make hundreds of other tricks as well!

I should mention that the prices for these on Ebay were a lot cheaper back then. I don't know if I would have ever gotten started if they were as high as they are now.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
... I love the smell of Tenyo in the morning...
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
I gotta go!...I can't take it anymore...guts hurt...face hurts...blurry vision from tears streaming down...what a crew!
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I'm deep in the vortex.

I just bought on ebay current Japanese package versions of the early tricks like:
Cup and Balls
Funny Dog
Die Vision
Angels Coin (I think)
Two in One Ropes
Rainbow Silks
Mr. Rabbit
Billard Balls
Super Sponge Ball
Coin and Glass
Color Changing Silks

But I am not sure if I can count these as legitimate.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes you can Azzam! Coin and Glass comes in a package with other tricks - for me it counts as genuine Tenyo - I really don't care about an old cardboard packaging Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Cheaters! kidding!

I have both a newer and old set of cups and balls. The nice thing about the older version is that they embossed the rabbit logo on the bottom of the cups. Same with Die Vison, the older version has the logo embossed on the lid. That is really the only advantage to the older versions. The soft items like rope, sponge and silk really not much difference in what era they came from. Unless you are collecting packaging as well.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I was only missing about 5 or 6 T-numbered items when I gave up. Everyone is missing the same ones:

1. Melting Loop
2. Breakaway Fan
3. Magic Coaster
4. Cups and Balls

These would have to be in their original US packaging when released in the T numbering sequence. There were one or two others that I can't remember.

No one, not even the Tenyo Company, has a complete set all of all the T-numbered items. At least, I haven't met anyone who'll admit it. Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Didn't you use to own Melting Loop Richard? I remember you saying some time ago you sold it years ago. I've always wondered what kind of trick/gimmick this was ... . Was it something similar like Hungarian Ropes, by wich I mean it used m****** ? Were the ropes gimmicked in an other way like in Two Into One Rope? Or was it something completely different? Or just a rope routine without gimmicks?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Consecutive "T" Numbers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL