The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Great offer on the penguin coolbox today Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic

Penguin Cool Box is $9.95 for iLogo: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2661

"The best effect I've seen in a very long time"
- John Archer

"You'll want to buy an iPhone just to do this effect!"
- Greg Wilson

"This is TV magic but for the real world!"
- Peter Nardi
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Please excuse a late review but I thought Il post it anyway.

I got my iLogo in black and white from Alakazam along with a iPhone for fun to practice it on. It arrived roughly 4 days ago and I have mastered my own way to do the performance. Well, it's not exactly my own way but I added a twist to make it like my own. Right now, after practicing it to the mirror and also doing it to close friends/family, it has given me great reactions. I can't wait to perform this at college to the guys and girls.

Here is my honest review, and any other additional tips:

Price:

The price is very worthy I believe. For this price, you are getting a nice DVD which explains everything in detail from the small bits to the hard bits.

I understand Penguin's Cool box has it a cheap price and I don't know who you are and what you do but at that price, YOU MUST purchase it. It is an ABSOLUTE steal. Believe me. I know I don't have enough rep/credibility here but believe me when I say this trick is easily worth the original price, so when you see it cheaper, then GRAB IT!

For the price, you receive both gimmicks which work on the iPhone 4/4S models and you get a DVD along with additional props for the gimmick.

DVD:

The DVD is full of great routines, and not every one of it is one I like - but they are all good.

Some are GREAT routines and some are just okay - each routine will suit each worker and how they do their magic.

Effect:

The effect itself is great. I actually knew about this trick a few months ago but because of the "method" involved, (***M***), I stayed away. However, I thought I might as well take the risk and I am glad I did.

If you don't like the original way of doing the "method" then you can find a "hands free" routine inside which helps for those who feel uncomfortable doing it the original way. I'm quite young myself so this is why I prefer the other way.

Although this routine is on the DVD, this is my version:

- I pick someone who has an iPhone. In my left/right pockets, I have the appropriate gimmicks. I ask the person/group what phones they have and I assure you, most of them, if not at least one, WILL have an iPhone.

I then ask them just to double check with them if they know what company makes iPhones, and they usually, always say "Apple".

So then I ask them if I can borrow the phone for a minute. They always say yes. This is MAYBE because I am in college and most people are chilled out people, but usually they will let you borrow it.

Now you place it in the appropriate pockets depending on the colour and position. (Remember - this is the method which involves no hard routines with the hand).

Now I do the cards routine on the DVD (Where they pick a card, sign it and then I tell them to grasp the deck in their hands and just imagine the impossible happening).

Then I say, "Well, there's this thing I can do on my iPhone, it's strange but let me see if it works on yours by any chance".

I then take the iPhone out, and make the logo disappear completely. I then go through the cards, and as taught in the routine, the apple logo is behind their signed card. At this stage, the phone goes back into the pocket while they are amazed at the fact that the logo is behind their signed card.

And then I take the phone out after putting their signed card on their palm face up. I then do any "cool" move and show that the logo jumps back on and I tell them that this has always been a mystery for me and I am still puzzled to this day on how this can work. I can then add a joke about doing the trick at the Apple store, to the "Genius"s and how it fools them..

Overall review:

I think it is a great trick for the ones who would like doing a particular trick/routine.

It would work very well if you are someone like me, attending college because most people carry iPhones. The fact that you can't do it on an iPhone 5 doesn't matter. In my college, hardly anyone has an iPhone 5, and as Craig/Peter said, when iPhone 5's become "normal" then we may see an updated version coming out. For now, I don't think its necessary.

Any thing to improve on? Maybe the way you load the gimmick. I sometimes have alignment issues but that can be perfected with practice, bunt apart from this, this trick is very good. I will always perform this at college along with the I.D, Extractor (also by Peter), Mullica Wallet and Extreme Burn 2.0. I used to do E.B 2.0 as a finale but now I might mix E.B and iLogo together as a finale.

Overall score from me would be 90%. Needs practice to make it perfect, as with any other trick.

Great overall! Recommended by LIBERTUS!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Great reveiw Libertus,thinking of getting this as I am now doing Re-pressure with a OMNI iphone and the spectators iphone ,getting fantastic result from the students at my college where I work plus busy pubs,ITWIST is in my eye sight as well,so could be a really busy night with these 3 effects,all the best.
Shane
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I don't perform this anymore as I have switched to mentalism but this always got great reactions. I did the load from a TKO 2 and also ditched the gimmick there.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I have gone for this and boy did I have to persade the good lady wife into getting it for me as I now have to finish off decorating the bathroom and finishing it this wk end,all the best .

Shane
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Just picked this up to perform the Ifind Card effect, this is superb.

Some very good handling tips by Greg Wilson on the DVD, which help with alignment and as extra convincers.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I also perform a similar routine to libertus with "IFind" as I prefer routines that play very clean with a minimum of sleights.

I find this works very well for IFind and looks more impossible, as you can perform the vanish without actually touching the back of the phone. Its important thought to point out to the Spectator the symbol on the iphone before placing in the pocket. I performed this once to a spectator who didn't even realise that iphones have the logo on the back ! - So the effect was somewhat lost. I usually say something like "is this a genuine iphone ? - You can tell by the logo on the back and point this out".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL