The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing JoeJoe’s Web Spinner (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
The DVD was great! I was surprised as someone who really love thread work and has tried to soak up as much info as possible from every available source how much I learned here. That aside, the web spinner is simply amazing. I wouldn't manage static IT connections any other way. And it doesn't stop there...you still have a dispenser and a "poor man's gravity reel" at your disposal as well. It's such a simple, non-mechanical device that you know will last, yet gets the job done for even the most serious thread worker. This won't make you amazing over night - it's a tool for serious thread workers and beginners alike to manage their IT. That said, I agree with Zombie saying that if you are going to use IT, this really should be in your toolkit.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews - you guys are awesome!! Smile

I've finished making a 3rd run of Web Spinners, so hopefully there will be no supply shortages over my summer work season when I won't have time to make them. : )

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I got my WebSpinner today. Haven't played with it a lot yet, but the included thread is very short. Will it work with longer thread? The included thread is far too short for the Fearson hookup.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
You you can load your Web Spinner with any color, any length, any brand of thread you want. Smile

-JoeJoe
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
So we should order extra thread if we order this?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 17:20, joseph wrote:
So we should order extra thread if we order this?...

The Web Spinner itself comes with 1 meter of John Haar thread, and a 1 meter sample of Steve Fearson's Vectra line.

If you want to do another trick that requires more thread, you can always load the thread that came with the trick into the Web Spinner - including the thread that comes with Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System. It is very easy to do.

If you need more than 1 meter of thread (and don't already have it at home), then yes you should order more thread.

The Web Spinner DVD tips a source on where to buy invisible thread. This has pretty much become common knowledge and if you don't already know, check the thread forum in the Banquet Room where secrets are allowed to be exposed.

-JoeJoe
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
My plan was to use the sample threads and my extra ordered sample of Virtuoso to determine what threads I like best in order to order more. I hope I have enough to do some effects and make good comparisons.

I also have an Alpha ITR on the way with Kevlar. Speaking on the Alpha again, I specifically got that one so that I could indeed fix it quickly and not be *done*. I have also learned how to repair it inside and out before it even arrived. I fully understand the mechanical workings of it. That being said, do any of you have a Locking version? Is it just a little nub on the outside that you wrap around and press inside to generate slack at a fixed point? Surely I can rig up something myself there. I also might swap to an alligator clip or neodymium magnet system while I'm at it. Not sure why George's stuff went back to using safety pins outside of the Boss model... I also have worries about Kevlar well, sucking. I might need to replace it with Vectra or Spectra right away. At least I will have plenty of threads to compare.

I plan to use my ITR, the WS and make my own loops, possibly with Infinity or EVE and have a broad spectrum of tricks and methods to both play with and get down. Always good to keep people guessing by swapping methods out. Not to mention drastically reducing points of failure. I'm a little confused though. I hear some people talking about taking 3 feet and making 20 and see demos of 10 feet being stripped at once. How many feet did Fearson's hookup take again?

Have none of the demonstrations I've seen use the included size thread?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 12:16, roguewave wrote:
I'm a little confused though. I hear some people talking about taking 3 feet and making 20 and see demos of 10 feet being stripped at once. How many feet did Fearson's hookup take again?

Have none of the demonstrations I've seen use the included size thread?

The Web Spinner itself comes pre-loaded with 1 meter of thread (about three feet) ... that is the ideal length for a "floating dollar bill" for a table hopper. We choose that length because it an ideal length to learn how to strip thread with - if you are new to thread work and have never stripped thread, you will find the Web Spinner the easiest way to learn how to work with thread.

You can easily swap out that one meter for any length of thread you desire, of any color or any brand you choose. It is a simple matter to pull the o-ring out, tie on the new thread, and put it back in. It easily holds Nylon, Kevlar, or Vectra thread, I haven't tested Virtuoso yet.

How much thread is required for the Fearson Hookup would depend on how tall somebody is ... the ideal length seems to be the width that you can spread your arms apart, so roughly 5-6 feet I'm guessing.

-JoeJoe
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Web Spinner + DVD is a must in any performer's arsenal. Reliable, predictable, cost effective, user friendly, time friendly,
and diabolically beautiful in its hookups/uses … PLUS … the instruction Is immensely valuable as it should cut some years off the learning curve
for any performer. I can't thank you enough!!!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
This utility is so useful, especially if you want to work without a jacket or button down shirt, you can use this. I use it under my hat and I can accomplish many miracles like haunted deck, hummer card, or levitations of most everything. I have two of these now. Thank you http://emagicsupply.com
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Just to update this thread, JoeJoe has now made his Super Spinner "Open Source Magic", and it can be viewed for free online via YouTube:

http://magicjoint.com/pages/levitations/super-spinner/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL......yvlTiVj1

The playlist doesn't include no #11 and #12 however - what are those chapters about? And can they be found somewhere or haven't they been posted online?
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Brilliant, got it for nothing Joe joe is the man Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
How much IT max could I fit in the webspinner....or strip? I want to solely use this to strip my IT and so I can fill my Re*ls .

Thanks
Sleepy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
You can store twenty to thirty feet in a Web Spinner, but you would need twenty to thirty feet of space to strip the strand.

I suggest you look into my "Super Spinner" if you want to strip long strands for re-filling reels with. The Super Spinner DVD teaches my technique to strip a stand as long as you want while sitting at your desk, however there is a law of diminishing returns - it is faster to strip two twenty feet strands than it is to strip one forty foot strand (I explain exactly why on the DVD).

The best part is you can watch my Super Spinner DVD right now under my "pass the hat" license - meaning if it works for you, drop something in my PayPal to say thanks (just like if you were watching my street show and enjoyed it). Smile

http://magicjoint.com/pages/levitations/super-spinner/

-JoeJoe
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for the info...just had a look at the DVD but can't find where you explain to strip the thread? Could you point me in the direction of where you explain it!

Thanks alot!
Sleepy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
There is a link at the bottom of the page that says something like "Yes, let me watch your DVD for free via YouTube" ... that link goes to a playlist, so after the promo plays it will advance to the first track of the DVD, then the second, then the next one, etc etc etc.

I would watch the entire thing if I were you, but here is a direct link to the "Resetting" chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwCDPFXuxJ0

-JoeJoe
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
The ad says that it is perfect for the floating Rose. I've been doing the rose for two decades. How is this perfect for that? The web spinner stays in a pocket. The floating Rose require is one end to be anchored off body, and the other end to be anchored somewhere else that the web spinner doesn't lend itself to.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Munseys_Magic wrote:
The ad says that it is perfect for the floating Rose. I've been doing the rose for two decades. How is this perfect for that? The web spinner stays in a pocket. The floating Rose require is one end to be anchored off body, and the other end to be anchored somewhere else that the web spinner doesn't lend itself to.

The Web Spinner does not need to be in the pocket, it is an "anchor". It has wax on the bottom and can be attached to nearly anything. So just anchor the Web Spinner to whatever "off body" place you like and ta-dah. Smile

-JoeJoe
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Guys, just a question, I'm looking about the Steve Fearson idea to make the thread retriving from the web spinner, where can you find it??

I bought the product in 2014-03-18 :o
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Carderrez
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, Texas
188 Posts

Profile of Carderrez
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Ceierry wrote:
Guys, just a question, I'm looking about the Steve Fearson idea to make the thread retriving from the web spinner, where can you find it??

I bought the product in 2014-03-18 :o

I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but I believe Steve was referring to using a gravity based hookup like he does with the thread bullets. I don't think we was referring to any kind of spring loaded setup, although maybe at the time he was, but I am not aware of anything like it surfacing. So why post here and now? I've been actively supporting as many of the online shops as funds permit during the pandemic. I hope and pray resources like eMagic Supply will survive this thing. I am fearful we may lose them. I've held off on the web spinner because quite frankly my thread work is minimal and I generally work with pre-stripped thread. I am also blind as bat and try as I might the spool of Wooly Nylon I own had only been shortened by 20 feet since I bought it 10 years ago (until now). eMagic Supply did not have the spinner in stock, but I ordered all the training media and found and ordered one from SEO Magic. Based on the tutorial however it was easy enough to make. This thing works. It took me less than 5 seconds by feel alone to strip a thread and a minute later I had stripped 12 feet. Attaching the wax took the majority of the time. It can literally be can be done in the dark. That is how proficient this device is. Its pure genius and deserves to be surfaced again regardless of how old this thread is (no pun intended). It is truly a remarkable utility. Although Amazing JoeJoe provides plenty of advise on methods to strip thread. He is right, the best way is to do it by touch alone. It is amazingly simple to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing JoeJoe’s Web Spinner (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL