The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Your very first and most recent Tenyo purchase (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
MasterOfUnnormal
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of MasterOfUnnormal
First one was a green and clear guillotine in the Seventies. Hope it was the the Tenyo one although I seem to remember it being rather large. To a child, this was an incredible illusion, and I loved performing it. Latest are Magic Butterfly, MRI, Great Escape, Koornwinder and Invisible Zone, all bought during a binge of Tenyo, having not bought anthing for years!
MasterOfUnnormal
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Needed cheering up so just bought Ghost Lamp and Magic Painting from our favourite Japanese ebayer. Not dealt with her before but hear only good things - and prices were great.
MasterOfUnnormal
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

And Magical Sneakers. Must stop now.
johnsigna
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of johnsigna
I know how you feel.
Just visited Tenyo Corner in Tokyo... Twice.
And tomorrow will be visiting the Magic Shop at Tokyo Disneyland.
So much temptation
MasterOfUnnormal
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, johnsigna wrote:
I know how you feel.
Just visited Tenyo Corner in Tokyo... Twice.
And tomorrow will be visiting the Magic Shop at Tokyo Disneyland.
So much temptation

Have a great time! I'd need to book a spare plane seat if that was me Smile
MasterOfUnnormal
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Wow, our favourite Japanese ebayer has gone the extra mile for me this week. If I could go back in time and reassign all those other Japanese purchases to her I would. Smile
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
My very 1st Tenyo is Floating Lady. I went to magic shop with friend and we bought 2 sets for each of us. It s was around 1985.
Simon Layland
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Simon Layland
Dynamic coins was my first trick and was what got me into magic, although it was early 90s when I got it I only realized recently that Dynamic coins was by Tenyo.
I've only started collecting Tenyo since the beginning of this year and have most of what I want but yesterday I took delivery of Sidetrack and it is the best trick I have ever owned in regards self working.
I see a lot of people here saying this or that trick is hard to do or noisy etc. but every Tenyo trick I have collected has been made easier by looking for ideas on how to perform it from other people posting videos on YouTube etc.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
My first ever Tenyo was Clean Cut, and Diabolicus, bought in the early 1990's. Around the same time I bought Dragon Altar, Illusionarium Fantastica and later Crystal Cleaver, I think. I really loved and still love those tricks. I have preserved them all that time and kept the cardboard packaging etc.

The last one I bought online was Geometrick (sold a kidney for it), but it is still in the mail. It is the green version, but I would love to own a Japanese version with white/red colour scheme)
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The Japanese versions of "Geometrick" do show up for sale, although rarely in the United States. There are some good new handlings for "Geometrick" and some tips about how to strengthen the effect in the book.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
Richard, I tried by using japanese/English translation through google to find my way on some action sites in Japan, of which Y**°° gave a few results. But then I realised that a few more hurdles have to be taken to actually pay and get the item delivered. I would love to look for, find, buy and own a Japanes version of Geometrick (prices were actually much lower than EU or USA-prices), but it seems nearly impossible. Or what am I missing here?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Your very first and most recent Tenyo purchase (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL