The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender by John T. Sheets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Smile

Agreed, Jack! I can't think of any trick I have that I paid more than a hundred dollars for! Those are very few, as well. But I think the point was, that the QB is designed for professionals...AND for exclusivity...leaving a LOT of us out, but I applaud the ingenious idea, and quality of workmanship that went into this.

Not for everyone.

Heck, I have a hard time bending my KNEES! Smile

Doug
Ian_B
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Ian_B
Quote:
On 2003-10-04 19:52, Larry Davidson wrote:
I must be missing something.

Is this particular version just something that magicians like because the method is so clever, or is it something that in some way is stronger than other versions for laymen?

Specifically, I'm wondering why it's better for laymen than simply borrowing a quarter, marking it, for example with an X, switching that quarter for a bent quarter that has an X on it, placing the bent quarter in a spectator's hand, asking the spectator to close his or her hand, and then making it appear that you bend the coin while it's in the spectator's closed hand.

Regards, Larry D.

Is that it?! Mark the coin with an X? That's pretty weak! I'd prefer the audience sign the coin using their own signature for a more explosive impact.

Having it mark with an X just doesn't cut it for me. What if the same person wanted you to do trick but this time he/she wants to sign it? You'd probably say don't do the trick again, which is the main reason I despise your bend coin switch method.

My two cents...
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Don't worry!
The spectactors can sign the coin with a marker or even scratch marks in it with a key or whatever.
The coin that is bendt is the coin that the spectactor actually signed/marked.

Sven
Greasetattoo
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
4 Posts

Profile of Greasetattoo
What about the BOA bender at Penquinmagic.com? They do have a video of it! How does the BOA compare to the Quantum. The BOA is a lot cheaper in price....

Grease
Tattoos From Grease
St.Paul's Finest
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have not personally seen the BOA but I do have the quantum bender and it is a finely manufactured item. Most of the time, but not always, you "get what you pay for." I have no complaints of the Quantum, other than it should have come with better instructions and at least a booklet of ideas and routines. Switch or gimmick??? Both are good methods and both methods should be used at different times. If you always carry a b coin around, you are always ready without the need to carry around a $500.00 pen all the time. But of course, the effect using a borrowed coin with the spectator marking the coin beforehand is stronger.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-05-12 23:49, Ian_B wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-10-04 19:52, Larry Davidson wrote:
I must be missing something.

Is this particular version just something that magicians like because the method is so clever, or is it something that in some way is stronger than other versions for laymen?

Specifically, I'm wondering why it's better for laymen than simply borrowing a quarter, marking it, for example with an X, switching that quarter for a bent quarter that has an X on it, placing the bent quarter in a spectator's hand, asking the spectator to close his or her hand, and then making it appear that you bend the coin while it's in the spectator's closed hand.

Regards, Larry D.

Is that it?! Mark the coin with an X? That's pretty weak! I'd prefer the audience sign the coin using their own signature for a more explosive impact.

Having it mark with an X just doesn't cut it for me. What if the same person wanted you to do trick but this time he/she wants to sign it? You'd probably say don't do the trick again, which is the main reason I despise your bend coin switch method.

My two cents...

Perform it both ways for laymen and then get back to me.

You're right when you said that I wouldn't perform it for the same person again, because I perform professionally for laymen, not for friends and family who frequently challenge. And even if I did perform for friends and family, I wouldn't fall into the trap of performing an effect again even if I could...it's important for the magician to take charge of the experience for the audience, not the other way around.

Larry Davidson

P.S. - I have a method for placing unbent coins in a spectator's hand and there's nothing hidden in my hands at that point (no palming, no sleeving, no holdout work). A spectator names one of the coins and it bends in his hand. I can't share the secret because it's despicable. Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-07-18 12:47, Greasetattoo wrote:
What about the BOA bender at Penquinmagic.com? They do have a video of it! How does the BOA compare to the Quantum. The BOA is a lot cheaper in price....

Grease

I don'¨t own the Boa, but I have seen the video clip in the add.
Compared with the Quantum, which I do own, there are MILES of difference between those two.
As mentioned above, you usually get what you pay for.

My coin bending routine consist of several methods, in addition to Xpert, mostly switches, but I DO use Quantum.
However, that is reserved for special occations. And I only do one bend before the same spectactors with it.

Sven
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Has anyone used or thought of using the double raven to switch out an unbent coin adn to switch in a bent one? Of course, steel core coins would have to be used, and if a spectator keeps the bent coin, you will have to use and pay for steel core coins everytime you do the effect. Just a thought.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
[quote]On 2004-07-22 13:21, Sven wrote:
Quote:
My coin bending routine consist of several methods, in addition to Xpert, mostly switches, but I DO use Quantum.
However, that is reserved for special occations. And I only do one bend before the same spectactors with it.

Smart man.
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
For anyone still reading this thread... You can see John T. Sheets perform the QB at the LVMI on the newly released dvd... that should answer the questions that persist on how good this method is... I have only done it about 30 times so far this week. Watch for a few other dealers to begin carrying this... though the price will probably remain the same, and availablitity limited.
Bob LaRue
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Anyone in the UK perform this ? Just wondered whether the device would work with tough English coins.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello Everyone,
By now this post is very long, and I can't really reply to all of them. But I thought I would poke my head in here to say "Hi".
Magically,
John T. Sheets
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Hello John,
I have difficulty on bending the US quarter, any helps ? Thanks
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello Sharpace,
It can be very, very simple. PM me and we'll talk more.
Magically,
John
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender by John T. Sheets (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL