The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..58~59~60~61~62..66..69..72..75..77~78~79 [Next]
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Got mine in the mail, impressed that it came so fast, and it isn't a bad effect, potentially very commercial.

Little worried about the site being down.

For those who paid for a year, thought there would be two effects, the extra Micheal Weber effect, is that coming later?

I am not dissapointed for sure though.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I'm guessing the Weber bonus effect will be shipped next March. If it came much earlier, people could cancel any time after that and end up getting the bonus without paying for the full year...which wouldn't be fair to those who do pay for the full year.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 19:01, RNK wrote:
Well, I was considering ... I guess not much time either, April 6th is the deadline, eH? Hmmmm.

RNK

No. Initial bonus-thing subscribing is halted, and they'll start taking regular subscriptions on the 6th. At least that's the way I took it. The site is up and running the last I checked.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks Tom!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I was just thinking of how to present this to make it much more interesting and I think I found out how. Why not put some money on the line. I think a hundred dollar bill would elevate this to something very interesting. It could also be a great lead in to a two card or three card monte routine.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 20:40, sevenup wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 19:48, BatsMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 18:47, sevenup wrote:
OK, this is not something I would have purchased just based on the effect alone but hopefully it will get better. I just purchased another product for $10 from Martin Vetter that blows this away with a howitzer cannon.

Got the same Martin Vetter trick and it's nice- takes some work to learn, though. Real Secrets is good to go right out of the envelope. Can't really compare the 2 tricks to each other- it's like apples to oranges.

So one needs some practice and the other doesn't so I can't compare them? I was just comparing $10 of satisfaction that will surely wow my spectators with $12 of something that doesn't fit my idea of magic. I definitely will try it out but it's not really my cup of tea. If eveyone I show it to raves about it and loves it to death I might change my mind. We'll see.

I'm really just giving my impression on the product so far. There is a lot more things in store I'm sure but this particular item doesn't interest me. So for me it's strike one. I'm sure there are those that will like this and I thought your review on the new thread you made was very good. I'm just giving my honest to good, no punches held opinion.

My apologies, sevenup- this was a poorly worded and thought-out posting by me. I keep sneaking away to the Café to read and post, but meanwhile I've got my wife yelling at me to come to eat dinner. When she finds me at "The Green Screen", I get something like "Oh, you're eating at The Green Screen again instead of with your family? Blah blah blah blah yap yap yap yap yap". Yes, I am addicted!

Yes, I just purchased Martin's effect over the weekend (based on postings here in the Café), and yes, it DOES blow away the effect from RS. When I said the you can't compare the two, I just meant that one was a card trick that requires some learning and practicing, and the other was a prop effect that was very easy to do. Palm Vision easily will amaze your spectators, while the RS effect (Wow, I feel like I can't even say the title!) will just amuse your spectators. It will take me a while to learn Palm Vision and retain that knowledge, but I can use all 30 devices from RS in no time at all. Palm Vision is more my type of effect than RS is. The Bang for my Buck award definitely goes to Palm Vision! I just won't be able to perform it for a while!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
So far it doesn't look like RS started with a very good opener ! I know I'd be disappointed. I want Magic coming in the mail, not some game to play with others. For all the hype that's been dished out, I'm a little surprised that the first month, wasn't a KILLER effect!

I not a subscriber but that doesn't mean I'll never be one. I'm just testing the waters and from the reviews I've read so far, I'm not jumping in yet. Maybe next month will be the one! I hope so.

Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Ralphs007,
You don"t even know wh it is, how can you say you would be disappointed? I find your comments very strange.

Quote:
On 2012-04-02 23:30, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
So far it doesn't look like RS started with a very good opener ! I know I'd be disappointed. I want Magic coming in the mail, not some game to play with others. For all the hype that's been dished out, I'm a little surprised that the first month, wasn't a KILLER effect!

I not a subscriber but that doesn't mean I'll never be one. I'm just testing the waters and from the reviews I've read so far, I'm not jumping in yet. Maybe next month will be the one! I hope so.

Ralph
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Just a little note to all who are part of or considering becoming a part of RS. When I opened my package my first thought was what a CLEVER use of a classic plot/effect. I appreciated the out of the box thinking and it inspired me to look at other plots and effects as just a canvas in which to create my own art.

As a creator/performer myself I strive to do this with every effect that I release/perform. I applaud the opening release and I look forward to seeing what other new and exciting ideas, methods, plots, and effects are in store for us down the road.

Take what they are giving you and use it to find the hidden gems in your own repertoires. We all see the same painting through different eyes. This to me is what RS is really about.

Best regards,
Max
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 23:51, Xiqual wrote:
Ralphs007,
You don"t even know wh it is, how can you say you would be disappointed? I find your comments very strange.

Quote:
On 2012-04-02 23:30, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi

Ralph

I think they will be a lot of sour grapes posts here from people who missed the boat by refusing to subscribe.

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the UK. It's not fair it takes an extra 10 days. I'm very excited. Especially with all the positive noises so far.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think they will be a lot of sour grapes posts here from people who missed the boat by refusing to subscribe.

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the UK. It's not fair it takes an extra 10 days. I'm very excited. Especially with all the positive noises so far.
[/quote]

For some may be sour grapes, but I think people are basing their opinions from the reviews of people who are members of RS and were disappointed with the first release.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 01:45, Max Krause wrote:

Take what they are giving you and use it to find the hidden gems in your own repertoires. We all see the same painting through different eyes. This to me is what RS is really about.

Best regards,
Max

I subscribed to RS a couple weeks ago and have been entertained by this thread, but never felt the urge to post in it. Max summed up my interest perfectly. I am going to take whatever they send me and use it as an exercise in creativity, to make it fit my style and character. I am fairly certain that a few of the effects are not things I would have purchased, and there is the fun and the challenge, to make it work in my context. With that said, I am still patiently waiting for my package to make its way up here.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I like the effect. But I also like apples from the fruit of the month club. Someone who doesn't like apples is hoping for oranges. There will be an effect, sometime, that I see and say, "I am not sure about this." But that is what happens when you subscribe to anything. Got my wife the Beer of the month club and she REALLY likes beer. However, there were some that just didn't suit her in a given month. Trust me... that was amazing in itself!

I think the effect will play well. Someone stated, "I want magic, and not a game." It is all how one presents the effect. Like some, when we present Out of this World it can be a mere puzzle, or it is pure magic... or take it to another path with Dunn's Deal, or Whitestar, and well, you could get a miracle.

RevJohn
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I think you have hit the salient point, Rev. Those who enjoy surprises are more likely to like RS. Kinda like going to a restaurant where they bring you what they decide rather than you ordering to your taste. I have voiced my skepticism of RS in past posts, but not all who do so are now going to gnash our teeth or spew "sour grapes". I am very happy it is working out so well for everyone, and await xiqual ;posting about getting his goodies...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
HA HA! I was just given an UNASKED FOR refund from Real Secrets! I guess that you cannot say anything even remotely unkind about them! Boy Oh Boy! Good Luck Guys!!!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Bats, that's sad. I guess your membership wasn't approved after all.
Maybe you can reapply on the 6th?
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Well, it was approved, and I got the first issue. My comments on this forum were NOT APPRECIATED! So it's pretty clear that they won't take me back under my own name. I MIGHT reapply using an out of state friend, but now I am going to have to think about it. Apparently you cannot say anything even REMOTELY negative. I mean, I did give the effect a 7 out of 10 rating. Is that so bad? I guess I needed to give it a 10 of 10. I did not say what came in the package; I did not reveal the methods at all, or even what the trick was. But my comments were not 100% in their camp. I also made my real name known on this forum- I guess that was a mistake right there!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
BatsMagic,
Sorry to hear this. I feel that your review was too explicit. To tell you the truth, I was a bit sad to read it. Kind of spoiled the surprise.
I think it is ok to say you liked the effect or not but you described the idea of the effect and even stated some details about what type it might be.
Anyway, again, sorry.
James

Quote:
On 2012-04-03 11:31, BatsMagic wrote:
Well, it was approved, and I got the first issue. My comments on this forum were NOT APPRECIATED! So it's pretty clear that they won't take me back under my own name. I MIGHT reapply using an out of state friend, but now I am going to have to think about it. Apparently you cannot say anything even REMOTELY negative. I mean, I did give the effect a 7 out of 10 rating. Is that so bad? I guess I needed to give it a 10 of 10. I did not say what came in the package; I did not reveal the methods at all, or even what the trick was. But my comments were not 100% in their camp. I also made my real name known on this forum- I guess that was a mistake right there!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Real Secrets first Café post:

"As a member, you must agree not to describe, share, or post videos of any of the effects or methods shared in the Real Secrets community. The goal is to protect these secrets for you and all of the other members. Certainly you can discuss whether you like or hate Real Secrets with others around you but you simply have to agree to the rules of the game to be and continue to be a member".
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 11:54, Zombie Magic wrote:
Real Secrets first Café post:

"As a member, you must agree not to describe, share, or post videos of any of the effects or methods shared in the Real Secrets community. The goal is to protect these secrets for you and all of the other members. Certainly you can discuss whether you like or hate Real Secrets with others around you but you simply have to agree to the rules of the game to be and continue to be a member".

Neither the effect nor the method were described by BatsMagic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..58~59~60~61~62..66..69..72..75..77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL