The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..72~73~74~75~76~77~78~79 [Next]
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I had thought this thread was getting a bit boring but WOW!

Seriously, since the "team" has opened an exclusive site for subscribers only, why on earth would the subscribers want to discuss their private matters here? This is after all an open forum to discuss the merits of the latest and greatest(?) in magic. Tell us you like it, hate it or whatever. There are still some who value honest opinions not based on whimsy. If this is so great, please, convince me that I should re-apply for a subscription albeit at a higher rate and in spite of their not being up front with the requirements originally.

By the way, as I read it, if one should cancel his automatic renewal at this point, he would be kicked out and not eligible for a prorated refund as that would be a violation of the terms and conditions. Forgive me if I am misinterpreting the rules. What is so difficult about providing a clear description of the arrangement?
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 19:02, billmarq wrote:

By the way, as I read it, if one should cancel his automatic renewal at this point, he would be kicked out and not eligible for a prorated refund as that would be a violation of the terms and conditions. Forgive me if I am misinterpreting the rules. What is so difficult about providing a clear description of the arrangement?

That's the way I read it too.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:

Bill, the Terms and Conditions now clearly state that you need to have auto-renewal on.

If that is a problem for you, then you don't need to concern yourself with Real Secrets.

It also states: "You can cancel at anytime and receive a prorated reimbursement." For the people who are in RS, I think that's all they need to know. With that in mind, the matter of auto-renewal or not becomes a non-issue.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 19:15, bugjack wrote:
Quote:

That's the way I read it too.

It's possible that the wording of the agreement gives RS the right to cancel your account without a refund if you turn off auto-renewal. But haven't we seen multiple examples where they canceled a subscription when auto-renewal was turned off -- but refunded the subscriber's money? Why would they change that policy?

If it's a concern, the obvious solution is to contact RS and cancel your subscription formally, rather than turning off auto-renewal and waiting for them to notice you've done it.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Do we know WHO is behind all this? Or will that be an on-going RS?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
But that would be too REASONABLE. It would go against the grain of all that is being a magician at the Magic Café.
You see FrenchDrop, magicians need to do things to get noticed, so they can complain. Complaining, as you can see from this thread is the most important aspect of magic. Besides making up all kinds of ridiculous scenarios, of course.

"OK, but what if I find I'm allergic to the paper of the last month's envelope? If I get a rash and I can't work can I get a full refund?
Ok, after I get the refund, can I rejoin? For the same price? How about cheaper because I was injured by the rash? Oh wait, I suffered too, yeah, suffered."

James

Quote:

It's possible that the wording of the agreement gives RS the right to cancel your account without a refund if you turn off auto-renewal. But haven't we seen multiple examples where they canceled a subscription when auto-renewal was turned off -- but refunded the subscriber's money? Why would they change that policy?

If it's a concern, the obvious solution is to contact RS and cancel your subscription formally, rather than turning off auto-renewal and waiting for them to notice you've done it.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 19:56, Atom3339 wrote:
Do we know WHO is behind all this? Or will that be an on-going RS?

An on-going RS it shall be.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, whatever, I think Frenchy has come into his own... good UK debating skills, Mr. Frenchman...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 03:52, Ray Chelt wrote:
Interestingly, in search of perspective there are many contributors to this thread who are balanced individuals in my book :-

RS Subscribers

Xiqual
Tom Jorgenson
Toberman
Mercury52
Max Krause
Magicmind
Batsmagic
Magicsquared
Duaneberry

Non Subscribers

Atom 3339
Mr Mystoffelees
Zombie Magic
J-Mac
FrenchDrop
Pennjarr
Bandi
Billmarq

And then there are people on both sides who I look upon as idjits :-

RS Sub

Jamie Ferguson
Joe Roberts

RS Non Sub

Gary Lee
Sirbrad

There's also a slightly bruised Batsmagic who is teetering.

But my quick analysis leads me to an apology. I had a major rant about RS subscibers which a bit of a deep breathe and a sense of perspective shows was absolutely wrong. I plead absolutely guilty to letting the posts of a few colour my whole perception and should know better at my age .

Apologies to those who may feel insulted by my idiotic and broad brush comments

Ray,

I subscribed at the very beginning! Proud member of RS. I just haven't felt inclined to take part in all the mostly negative discussion here. I stop in a read a bit now and then but I really dislike seeing people - who would otherwise probably get along fine IRL - at each other's throats in writing.

Just wanted to clear up my subscription status. Smile

Thanks!

Jim
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 22:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Well, whatever, I think Frenchy has come into his own... good UK debating skills, Mr. Frenchman...

Heh. Thanks. I'm actually an Amurrican dude from Amurrica. But I'm fluent in many forms of English.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Um... I didn't get the recent email and, although I did get the first release in the mail, can't sign in on the site.

Should I be worried or patient?
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Check your spam folders-that's where mine was.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Lol. I have nothing to contribute. Just enjoying the scenery.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of rowland
Mine emails from RS also went into my junk mail until I set outlook up to recognise them, if it's not there I would contact RS.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 22:40, FrenchDrop wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 22:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

Heh. Thanks. I'm actually an Amurrican dude from Amurrica. But I'm fluent in many forms of English.

I always thought you were a Brit. Explains everything.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Actually, I was commenting on your excellent use of some of the skills I have witnessed in the British parliament and not on nationality...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 06:22, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I always thought you were a Brit. Explains everything.

I'm sorry; who are you addressing?
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 07:45, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Actually, I was commenting on your excellent use of some of the skills I have witnessed in the British parliament and not on nationality...

I've seen a lot of footage of Parliament. I'm not sure how to take that. Smile
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 23:32, writeall wrote:
Um... I didn't get the recent email and, although I did get the first release in the mail, can't sign in on the site.

Should I be worried or patient?

I had trouble logging into the Blog also. They are working on some glitch. I tried my first User name from the first email they sent when I signed up and it worked! Try that and see what happens, but it's NOT some conspiracy, it's just an electronic booboo.

Best,
Brad Burt
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Anyone in uk still waiting for this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..72~73~74~75~76~77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL