The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine to quit stunt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
This morning on Good Day Live they announced that David Blaine was going to quit his stunt in London. With all of the bad press and people throwing things at David, they say it has been a lot of hard work gone to waste.

Oh well...
Believe In Magic....I do!
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
Yes, oh well....I don't really see the point of this stunt in the first place...
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
I find it hard to believe that David will quit. For him it wasn't really about the publicity or, as hard as it is to swallow, the money. It was about pushing the limits of what the human body can do. I think unless he's carried out in a body bag, heaven forbid, quitting the stunt early will damage his reputation.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I only stated what Good Day Live announced this morning on their show. I suppose they could change their minds, but it sounded like they've already told people to expect it. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Maxim
View Profile
Regular user
London
113 Posts

Profile of Maxim
Or is this just another Blaine publicity stunt to regenerate interest?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Glad it is over. Let him get back to closeup.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Quote:
On 2003-09-27 19:14, thehawk wrote:
Glad it is over. Let him get back to closeup.

Has the stunt ended?
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Not sure if he's quit yet or not....anyone know?
Breather
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Breather
Thekernal, I don't mean to be rude but money and publicity is what its only about.

He has 300,000 mars bars hidden in the floor...
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
He didn't poll folks to see if they were interested. The Britts can be a tough crowd.

He'll bounce back.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Well, it's been six days since it was rumoured that he was going to quit early, and he's still up there. It sounds like the rumours were false, to me.

Apparently he's suffering from serious physical deterioration, though, and is complaining about shooting muscle pains.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I went down there with some buddies the other day and spoke to Harmony for a little while. He said Dave wouldn't be coming out unless something really bad happend. I said what about people throwing things etc. and he said they have stepped up security quite a bit. I think he will do the whole 44 days.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Well, that is probably a good thing. Although I don't think that this stunt will help his career at all, I think if he were to go ahead and quit it early it would hurt it. So all the power to him, even though no one really cares Smile
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I care. Smile

Humbly

Kuffs

P.S. He will do the 44 days, don't worry ! If not it's probably plant this way, let's see...
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Maybe its the oppositional part of me, but the more slagging of Mr. Blaine I read on here, the more I hope he does it.

Let's just make peace with the fact that he's here and not going to go away. He's done more for magic in the past few years than most other magicians. I may not be a fan of his style, but at least he has some.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I'm much MORE impressed with his close-up as well. I am angered however, that these people can be so mean and direspectful to this guy. That just bugs the hell out of me in general. If I were him, I would have a few choice words to say about them people. I'm not getting anymore into this, I don't want to get myself too worked up, but I'll leave it this way : I really think we as humans need to treat each other a lot better than we do, thanks, Ed, (Eddini). Smile Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Quote:
On 2003-09-29 06:55, spadone wrote:
Thekernal, I don't mean to be rude but money and publicity is what its only about.

He has 300,000 mars bars hidden in the floor...

I didn't find that very rude. But 300,000 Mars bars. That would make him lose weight because he'd be throwing up over the gross taste. Smile
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
If I was David Blain I would brind edible underwear. Who would ever think that?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
A rumor that I heard was that he will end the stunt early after publicizing that he is ending the stunt early.

During the press coverage of the stunt ending early, and as they are moving the box, a cable will "break" plunging the box and Blaine into the Thames River.

This, from what my source says, has been the plan all along! It turns the endurance stunt into a "Houdini-esque" type of an escape.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if this is accurate.

Lyndel
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Quote:
On 2003-10-05 08:25, Lyndel wrote:
A rumor that I heard was that he will end the stunt early after publicizing that he is ending the stunt early.

During the press coverage of the stunt ending early, and as they are moving the box, a cable will "break" plunging the box and Blaine into the Thames River.

This, from what my source says, has been the plan all along! It turns the endurance stunt into a "Houdini-esque" type of an escape.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if this is accurate.

Lyndel

I could definately see this happening. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine to quit stunt (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL