The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gary Kurtz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4818 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Anyone who has ever experienced the insane and clever magic of Gary Kurtz can testify to the extreme amount of talent and pure genius this man has.

I recently came across his website, only to discover he is now into "Mentalism."

This is really not a surprise to me, as I remember talking with him several years ago, and he was pretty burnt out on doing the same stuff over and over. Just thought you Kurtz fans would want to know. Smile

http://www.garykurtz.com/
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Steve!

Remember Kurtz's mental act with knives years ago?

The other night on T.V. he did a great routine based on the same premise with a live cobra!

Did you get a chance to see the routine!

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Just passing by and say that you are right Steve, Gary is a genius.

I have learned a lot not only seeing him perform, but he has taught me a lot in discussion’s with him.

I have a lot of respect for the man...

I agree 110 % Smile

http://www.PSYCHOMAGIE.COM
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4818 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Gee Steve,

I missed that one some how. Cobra's eh? Kurtz is off the hook, I have no doubt. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
gibby
View Profile
New user
ont. canada
41 Posts

Profile of gibby
Gary was out of commision for a while the time he played with the knives. Did he get bitten by the cobra? Smile
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
In 1997 Gary performed at Magic In the Rockies. Both his lecture and Public Stage Show were on mentalism.
With all the professional stars performing at the Public Show he got a standing ovation by the 1200 people in attendance. For some of his outstanding thinking in the field of mentalism, get his The Ultimate Chairs Prediction (Plus). One of the used book dealers might have a copy
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Is Gary planning to release a book or video of his mental effects?

I can only imagine the level he's working on...yikes!!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Gary has written books under another name. They're a bit pricey, but from what I hear, well worth it.

Out of respect for Gary's wishes to keep it on the DL (does anybody actually know what "keep it on the DL" really means, btw?), I won't print the name here.

I will tell you, however, that there are enough folks out there who do know that, with a bit of asking, those who are seriously interested in this sort of involved, serious mentalism material can find out easily enough.

I just don't feel entirely comfortable publishing it on a public forum such as this, after having discussed it with some of the other folks here.

Andy Leviss

Check out my new book for mentalists, Ramblings & Revelations (and other products for magicians and mentalists) at:

http://www.asquaredproductions.com
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The "d-l" means "down low," as in, "Keep it on the D-L." In other words, to speak softly, so no one else finds out about it-- "I'm telling you this in confidence."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Why publish books only to keep them from people?
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5744 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
To stay on topic, Gary Kurtz wishes to share his material with those who have both a strong interest, and the desire to perform it to it's full strength.

It is involved material from a performance aspect. Making the search for the material a bit more difficult keeps it out of the hands of those who only wish to know how it is done. This in turn has a payoff for those who really undertake the work to perform the material in the real world.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Would it be too much to ask for a description of an effect or two from someone who owns these books?
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
While I understand the notion of wanting to keep the material out of certain hands, the question is, how does one find out about these books? Is there a private group who gradually invites people in, presumably after they have passed some sort of test? If the names of the books themselves cannot be revealed, can the process of finding out what the books are be revealed?

Gianni
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Gianni
This is another case of Super Secret Inner Circle Snobery. Nothing you can do...

Things happen behind closed doors you can only dream about...
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I think that alot of the heavy duty material isn't so readily available to keep it from becoming common.

We all have effects that we like to keep for ourselves or only want to share with a few people, right?

I don't think it's so much snobbery, but more the fear of watching a great routine or effect being butchered & or exposed by not doing it properly.

A good example is the needle swallowing method used by Gary Kurtz & David Williamson, I have been searching high & low for almost a year now & can't find it anywhere.

As we all know, magicians are a secretive bunch.
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
325 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
The needle swallowing routine is in print.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Could you possibly tell me where? Or is that a secret? Smile
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Ichazod,

"Device & Illusion" by Jim Steinmeyer.

You can purchase the book directly from him through his web site:

http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
325 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Gary has redesigned his show and is breaking it in in the Montreal area as of this writing.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

I was aware of the Steinmeyer book, someone had told me that it was not the same routine. I will definitely have to get it now, thank you.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gary Kurtz (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL