The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MentalGum by Kevin Schaller - Where to get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Silverdollar
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Silverdollar
This looks like a nice mentalism trick, where can I buy it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi41KH6BdiE
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Hey Silverdollar,
thanks for the interest, but this trick is not available at the moment and I haven't planned to release it.

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Fooled me! I want to see it released.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I liked it!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
Sweet! Please release this one.
Silverdollar
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Silverdollar
I like the original plot behind it and I can see many magicians and mentalists perform this. You should release it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
That could be the very reason he won't
James

Quote:
On 2012-02-22 11:37, Silverdollar wrote:
I like the original plot behind it and I can see many magicians and mentalists perform this. You should release it.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Tanks for the kind words and your interest in this effect, it influenced me and all I can say by now is that I am working on your wishes to release it.

Stay tuned!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
The video is private- is there anyway we can see this?

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
I have good news for the fans of this effect! We are going to perform Kevin's amazing trick, Mental Gum on todays Mystique Factory Live Stream Show! Make sure, to tune in! Smile we are live in ca. 30 minutes!

Cheers!
Andrew
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Video is private.
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-02-29 15:47, Rpascual wrote:
Video is private.

We are not live yet Smile 5 more minutes Smile
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Hi Andrew, just finished (belatedly) watching your streaming show; this mental Gum looks like my kind of trick - I assume you're going to be releasing it (on a DVD along with other effects?)

is there a certain amount of 'messing around' that needs to be done in prep (a la ultra gum kind of thing)?

can you say when you''ll be releasing it?

Paul
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Dear Paul,

We can't say the exact date yet sorry. Mental Gum will be a part of a dvd with 5 other routines. The messing around is takes about 1-2 minutes and you can use the gimmick over and over again its not a problem. Smile

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,
Martin
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
So the gimmick is something you make up yourself? or does it come with DVD?
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
You can make it up for yourself in no time Smile
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Cool, so following (simple?) instructions you can make the gimmick easily and readily with any suitable pack of gum (i.e. blister pack)?
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-03 14:22, coosticks wrote:
Cool, so following (simple?) instructions you can make the gimmick easily and readily with any suitable pack of gum (i.e. blister pack)?

We couldn't describe the situation better than you. Exactly like you say it. Smile
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Mental Gum is excellent!

Kevin is a great guy, with amazing ideas, you will hear his name a lot in the near future.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
MentalGum is one of the four effects in a DVD called Sticky by Kevin Schaller and Oliver Smith.
The DVD will have 2 visual effects and 2 mentalism effects.
All of the 4 effects are amazing, organic and really easy to build and do.
The master disc will be shipped tomorrow to the replicators and then ,hopefully, in 2 or 3 weeks it will be available through your favorite dealer.

Here is the ad copy:

"Sticky is a DVD by Kevin Schaller and Oliver Smith that contains 4 strong effects that you can perform using chewing gum. All the effects are very practical, organic, easy to perform and will leave your spectators astonished.

Torn & Fuzed:
Show a silver pack of gum and a different colored piece of foil from another pack. Visually make the colored piece fuse onto the silver foil, leaving it completely examinable and hand it out as an impossible souvenir.

Push Through:
Display a piece of gum inside one compartment of the gum pack. Have a spectator cup his hands underneath and visually push the gum through the compartment without any holes or slits leaving everything examinable.

Marked:
Mark one compartment of the gum pack as your prediction with an X. Have a spectator draw an X onto any compartment on the other side and show it matches with your prediction.

MentalGum
Explain that there is only one piece of gum left inside the pack and have a spectator freely select a row and a compartment. Display that the last piece is sealed inside the exact location they just chose.
No force – any compartment can be named."

I will post the official demo shortly.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MentalGum by Kevin Schaller - Where to get? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL