The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Which may explain why some people *may* have been disappointed.

Apparently it is ok to split hairs... as long as the hairs you are "splitting" are meaningful to your own point of view.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 11:53, saysold1 wrote:
Still waiting for my gimmick...

PM sent Smile

Cheers!
Andrew
magicology
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of magicology
This month's Genii review of HAUNTED says: "Produced by Paul Harris Presents, it lives up to the aspect of its advertising in that it does not require loops or thread. There is no connection between the performer and the deck at all, and- using the standard handling taught- the deck is examinable before and after."

And..
"If loops or thread are not your thing, but you'd like to do the "Haunted Deck," this is something you should look at."

No thread, no loops. Just a couple beautifully constructed gaffs by Darry Vanamburg.
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Ad is misleading, review is misleading too
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 18:28, ahzhe wrote:
Ad is misleading, review is misleading too

No amount of verbal gymnastics can escape the fact that thread is used. So I don't really care if the Pope himself says that no thread is used...it is.,
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Ramus, I am looking forward to recieving your gimmick.

Nick Sand
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've used IT, IET and Loops for many years. When I opened the Haunted package I didn't think "oh, it's thread". To me thread means IT or IET.

I guess if they say "hands off" you can say "Not true. I had to handle the card and deck. My hands were definitely involved".

:sun:
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank you very much Nick for the Support:) The Gimmicks will be sent Tomorrow Priority, ok?

Best Wishes and thank's again
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank's to All for the Nice and Sincere Comments:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 19:27, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've used IT, IET and Loops for many years. When I opened the Haunted package I didn't think "oh, it's thread". To me thread means IT or IET.

I guess if they say "hands off" you can say "Not true. I had to handle the card and deck. My hands were definitely involved".

Not every person think what you thought, to me thread includes the one used in Haunted, they can simply avoid misleading people by saying NO IT/IET instead of NO THREAD.
Anyway, I shouldn't talk about it in someone else's thread...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 20:22, ahzhe wrote:
Quote:

You said THREAD! See how it can happen?
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 20:34, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 20:22, ahzhe wrote:
Quote:

You said THREAD! See how it can happen?

lol
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I have come up with a Haunted Deck that uses no thread of any kind.

It uses an actual ghost to animate the deck.
:)

Independent creation happens all the time,why do some people think that it doesn't?

How many different versions of coin gaffs are their?

I see a dozen different 3 fly routines with similar gaffs,I don't see people pooping their pants over it.

If you have either of the versions of Haunted decks in question,please post your reviews.

Speculations,accusations & such should be taken care of in private.

I am waiting for my supplies for The Rasmus Haunted Deck & will write a review after I get a chance to try it out.

I'm sure this thread will be locked or deleted by the time I write my review.

Good luck to all involved.

Mike
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Any more video demos of the Rasmus version besides the official one? I want to see the full animation unfiltered
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
As an addendum to my review a few pages back, I've just thought of another subtle difference between the two effects.

In my opinion, the replacement of the card into the deck in RHD is far more natural than with Haunted.
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
A thread about a thread that treads on threats.....

I apologised to magicology because I don't know all the stuff that's been said and by whom (other than what is being thrown around here

That being said, I RESERVE THE RIGHT to buy whichever version I want to.

At this point it's very likely to be Rasmus's version.

I do think that the linguistic gymnastics in ad-copy say quite a bit about how workable something is likely to be......

it's like the creators trying in some way trying to hide a weakness without actually lying about it, or IMPLYING that the workings are entirely different, when in fact they're not.......

I'm not specifically referring to "haunted" here, just generally to effects released.
Robaire
View Profile
New user
CANADA
65 Posts

Profile of Robaire
Reputations are difficult to build; easy to lose. It might help to remember that when we decide to go public with complaints - whether warranted or not. It reminds me of the very public controversy in the late 17th Century between Newton and Leibniz over who discovered/invented the calculus. Both of these giants suffered substantial losses of prestige and reputation.

What concerns me - and what is holding me back from buying Rasmus' Haunted deck - is the apparently misleading reference to no thread work. I am not a fan of thread work. If I buy this, am I buying a product that relies on thread work?

Thanks.

Robaire
State of Mind - Magic for the Intelligent Mind: Where the laws of space and time, cause and effect, are momentarily suspended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxLexIfuLc&feature=youtu.be
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It's thread, Jim, but not as we know it.

(or so I understand from this and other threads)
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 07:22, Robaire wrote:
What concerns me - and what is holding me back from buying Rasmus' Haunted deck - is the apparently misleading reference to no thread work. I am not a fan of thread work. If I buy this, am I buying a product that relies on thread work?

Dear Robaire!
I wrote you a PM just a minute ago. Smile

Cheers!
Andrew
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 07:22, Robaire wrote:

Thanks.

Robaire

If you don't like thread work, you may still like this in my opinion.
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL