The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..27~28~29 [Next]
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I have just been playing about with this...
I used a tiny amount of magician's wax / putty (the normal stuff you would use if performing an IT hook up)as the timing device and love the results! Its acts as fulcrum in the centre of the card so the deck splits and swings perfectly allowing the spectators card to pop out.
Still playing with it but very encouraged with the results so far! Would be interesting to get the feedback of any other users who give this a try.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 06:20, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
I have just been playing about with this...
I used a tiny amount of magician's wax / putty (the normal stuff you would use if performing an IT hook up)as the timing device and love the results! Its acts as fulcrum in the centre of the card so the deck splits and swings perfectly allowing the spectators card to pop out.
Still playing with it but very encouraged with the results so far! Would be interesting to get the feedback of any other users who give this a try.

Are there any leavins' on any of the cards?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Here is a very good idea from saysold1 where you put the deck on the
card case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFpjtbZENk&feature=youtu.be

thank's for this beautiful tipp saysold1! Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Hi Slyhand,
The idea came from your idea regarding the timer which you very kindly PM'd me with - much appreciated.
Was there any residue on the cards? Only what was put on the gimmick not on any other cards which is
obviously good. I will continue to play around.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10521 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 10:15, rasmus wrote:
Here is a very good idea from saysold1 where you put the deck on the
card case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFpjtbZENk&feature=youtu.be

thank's for this beautiful tipp saysold1! Smile

Rasmus-

Nice!!!

I like the card box better than the wine glass for this reason: The height of the wine glass or stem is quite dramatic BUT the issue becomes that the spectator's *chosen* card can get easily mixed up into the mess of falling cards.

The fact that the card box is lower allows a great animation, but (as visible in your great video) the chosen card doesn't fall down in a hail of cards but rather elegantly presnets itself or jogs out.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
You are right
I like the case also much better:)

Thanks man

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
This one is the best, the spookiest as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U60Pd4D5Y0
Magic comes through perception. -HS
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Here a few iphone videos of the effect, at Home and also in the Sky Lounge Zug, Switzerland, Link Nr. 5 is the Method from Saysold1, it's just Awesome, thank you very much for this Terrific Idea Smile have fun Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO_xDgT8tJM&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb8hD9EzOTk&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvO8B5BJ2bg&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U60Pd4D5Y0&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ru51gvwHx0&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqoOH6VJkKQ&feature=share

thanks for watchin Smile

www.rasmusmagic.ch
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I'm thrilled waiting to get this!
Magic comes through perception. -HS
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank's for the comments

nice if you like it Smile

www.rasmusmagic.ch
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10521 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just noticed that Alakazam is now carrying this!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Rasmus......mus.html
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
266 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Has anyone spotted this in a Canadian shop?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10521 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I don't that this is widely distributed - which is fine with me.

The fact the respected Peter Nardi chose to carry this, is quite an endorsement.
ChadRees
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
184 Posts

Profile of ChadRees
Here is an article I wrote for The Daily Deception. It will publish today, but thought I would give you all the advanced look.

If you are not up to date on the issue between the two products "Rasmus Haunted Deck" and " Peter Egginks Haunted" then make sure to check out our previous articles.

First Article - Confusion on Originality

Second Article - Confusion on Originality Continues

Third Article - Rasmus vs Peter

I reviewed both products and have no interest or friendship with either company or creator. After checking out both products I can say the setup of the gimmick is the exact same. The gimmick is built into a single playing card. The gimmick for both products are constructed the exact same way but just located on different spots of the card.

The real issue comes down to when each product was released. Peter Eggink released his product in late 2011 with Paul Harris Presents. They released a teaser video of the product before the actual release date, sometime in November. After Paul Harris Presents released their teaser video and the product for sale, Rasmus released a video of him perform a haunted deck routine. In Feburary of 2012 The Mystique Factory released "Rasmus Haunted Deck" with Rasmus.

Because the two gimmicks are the same and Peter Eggink released his first, it is in my opinion that Rasmus should not have released his version. When it comes to ethics in magic the magician or company who release work on the product first, wither it be in video or actual sales of the product hold the right to that creation.

This is what I found and believe through my independent research of the two products.

http://youtu.be/jog1cM6GzDI
Chad Rees
Editor in Chief
The Daily Deception
Online Magic Newspaper
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
So well chad, I think you didn't get it, sorry. first, the two gimmicks are not the same, second, your presentation of my haunted deck
is totally wrong, because the card doesen't come out of the deck, and finally, my version was definetly first invented (2009). for me it
doesen't matter at all if haunted was released first.

so if you watch the two dvd's closely, you see, that not only the gimmick is different, also the material and the insertion of
the selected card. and finally the deck moves in a different way.

so you don't have the right to write something totally wrong and post a video that doesen't show my exact handling of the deck.

so chad, I had trusted you, now for me the discussion with dailydeception is closed for ever. no more comments. by the way, haunted
and also rasmus haunted deck doesent use any IT or Loops.

wish you good luck. by the way, when I read such postings on your site, I don't think that this is really serious, when I see
such blasphemic postings of friends of your site like tensai, eric and others.

for me the only thing that counts is, that the customers are happy with my product, the rest is not important to me Smile

www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
By the way, my first official demo video was posted on youtube before haunted was released, that's the proof!!!

www.rasmusmagic.ch
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I distinctly remember that, after Peter Eggink's version was released, Rasmus said he'd decided not to release his own version -- having seen Eggink's. (This was, of course, after Rasmus had made countless disparaging posts on the thread about Eggink's version, most of which were deleted by the moderators.)

I wonder why Rasmus decided not to release his own version, having seen Peter's...and why he later changed his mind.

I hope this post is not "blasphemic." I didn't realize Rasmus was a deity.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10521 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Chad's Rasmus demo doesn't do justice to it in my opinion. There was no pop out and I get a chosen card pop 80-90% of the time.

Let them fight it out - I like this version.

Josh from Paul Harris promised weeks ago a chance to send me a download of Peter's version but thus far hasn't come through. Thus I can't compare.

Both versions seem to decend from other Haunted ideas Chad... you fail to mention that.

FranchDrop is correct I think in his recollection btw.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Yes, that's right. I was not 100% sure to release mine. I tried to get in touch with peter, he never replied to me.
I showed my method to different magicians and everyone told me to release it, because its different and
worked very good.

on the dvd are all mentioned by credits, that gave me the inspiration to it.

thanks saysold for mentioning the bad video take from chad rees

www.rasmusmagic.ch
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
FranchDrop is correct I think in his recollection btw.

Thanks. I knew I wasn't imagining things when I recalled Rasmus saying he'd decided not to release his haunted deck, having seen Peter Eggink's version -- but it's good to have independent confirmation.

I have no personal animus against Rasmus. I simply don't care for the way he's handled this matter since way back when Peter Eggink's Haunted was first announced in a thread on this board, right up until today. And I feel that someone needs to remind people of what Rasmus has said in the past -- especially his statement that he would wait to see Eggink's version before deciding whether to release his own, and his statement that, having seen Eggink's released version, Rasmus had decided not to release his own version.

It would be nice to see Rasmus explain why he made the first decision and why he changed his mind, but I've been given reason to believe he's decided not to address this issue.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL