The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..27~28~29 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10533 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I have one more teeny tip idea that I just thought of - I will put it in the secret sessions...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
I like Rasmus Haunted Deck and I like being able to make more gimmicks with whatever cards I like BUT I know I may be in the minority here but I love Peter's Haunted. I think it has a better animation. I bought the Rasmus version before I read this thread or I probably wouldn't have still both are really good and if you are comfortable with making your own gimmicks you will never run out with Rasmus Haunted Deck. It is a nice effect and for the price you will always have a great Haunted Deck. I don't like getting in the middle of a controversy so I will just say both effects are really good I just prefer Peter's animation. Also I applaud Peter Eggink for not posting here. A class act.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Rasmus' Haunted seems to be more surefire. And the fact that it's pretty much an instant reset is huge in my book.

RNK
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
I really don't think Rasmus Haunted is any more surefire. I have put the time in both and prefer Haunted by Peter Eggink. I do like the fact you can make a lot of gimmicks with Rasmus but since I prefer the animation with Haunted I will use Peter's version until it wears out and may buy it again to support the creator.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Here's what I think RHD does have a more natural load of the signed card by placing it on the bottom stack. It may also provide more tension on the thread as some have stated. It may even have more reliability because of those factors. It could also be considered A better deal because of the extra supply of thread. But here's what I now Rasmus did not market this first. Peter did also Peter received permission from Dan & Dave because it used some of the same pricipals. In other words Peter did the right thing before coming to the market place. Rassmus may have come up with A better haunting effect but only after Peter had his released. If Peter wanted to he could provide the same handling as the rhd and simply add it as A bonus PDF. If Rasmus can use the title haunted why can't Peter use A differant thread and time dlay location as A bonus. After all he has just as much if not more rights to finese his effect as he sees fit. Remember Peter marketed Haunted first. I also believe very few shops will carry rhd if they want to carry P.H. products.
JamesTalbert
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of JamesTalbert
So is the gimmick the same as PHP's Haunted? If I already have Haunted and buy this, will I be just getting the same effect with small tweaks or will I actually be getting my money's worth?
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
If you own haunted you have all you need to also make rhd. You will have to make some minor adjustments to to the gimmic or make another one with the supply in haunted. Just make it so the selected card is placed on the bottom of the stack. Not rocket science. Just play with the placement and tension of the gimmics. Both work on the same mechanics this is the reason for the controversy. As far as getting you're moneys worth that would depend on if you want to spend the time tweeking haunted or just buying rhd. The only extra value would be the extra supply of material and the differant teaching on the DVD.
JamesTalbert
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of JamesTalbert
Quote:
On 2012-04-14 16:36, drphil wrote:
If you own haunted you have all you need to also make rhd. You will have to make some minor adjustments to to the gimmic or make another one with the supply in haunted. Just make it so the selected card is placed on the bottom of the stack. Not rocket science. Just play with the placement and tension of the gimmics. Both work on the same mechanics this is the reason for the controversy. As far as getting you're moneys worth that would depend on if you want to spend the time tweeking haunted or just buying rhd. The only extra value would be the extra supply of material and the differant teaching on the DVD.

So the only difference between RHD and Haunted is the placement and tension of the gimmicks? Is that allowed?
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Allowed so far, but not without some contriversy. Just read this thread.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-04-14 16:39, JamesTalbert wrote:

So the only difference between RHD and Haunted is the placement and tension of the gimmicks?

Is that allowed?

I won't say it is the only difference, rather I would say it is a major difference so as to perform the effect easily and smoothly. And to quote Drphil, this is what he has to say:-

Quote:

As far as getting you're moneys worth that would depend on if you want to spend the time tweeking haunted or just buying rhd.

So now the choice rests entirely on you & your wisdom. Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
As far as getting you're moneys worth that would depend on if you want to spend the time tweeking haunted or just buying rhd.

For some, other factors would include 1) Which version came out first; and 2) Which version's creator has behaved honorably in promoting his version.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
True Frenchdrop, but if you refer back to his original question you could assume he had already purchased Peter's haunted. And my point was if you own the original you don't need to purchase rhd for the same results. Also if you read my previous post l made it clear which haunted came to the market first. Even though I never posted on the original haunted thread I did read all the comments. And I was shocked at how Rasmus used Peters haunted thread to first introduce his haunted ,even though many posters pointed out he was being rude he would not stop. Now we have two haunted effects that use the same mechanics. Both are being sold so each Magi must decide for himself.
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
While I feel both effects have the right to be on the market. One should not Hijack anothers thread to promote there own product.
I am completely against what I call thread Hijacking in general weather or not the party may feel they have just cause.
We have a section of the Café, Right and Wrong. I think these types of matters should be brought up there.
People who are concerned about such things surely would read about it there.
Last time I checked, the Café did say Magicians Helping Magcians. I really don't think Steve Brooks intention was to make the Café the magic version of UFC.
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Here is an optional Handling Video, Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnZK_g_wTQ

BTW: All Rasmus Haunted Deck owners will get free Access to
an optional Handling and Tweaking Video with a Lot of very
useful Informations from Nick Sand, Saysold1 and Ustaad.

Many very important and good Informations about the Timer, Placement
Playing Card Brands that work Best and new tested Timer Material that
gives you also the perfect Timing and Delay Function.

Stay tuned here. More Infos about where to get the Video File and how, will
be posted as soon as the Video will be finished.

Best Wishes and thank you very much to all Customers and Future
Customers of the Rasmus Haunted Deck Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10533 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I did Rasmus Haunted for my friend Phoenix mentalist Luke Brady at lunch today.

He couldn't stop talking abut it!

Expect an order from him this week I expect Rasmus... great stuff.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
That's nice to hear Smile I very appriciate it when
you get such awesome Reactions as mentioned Smile

Keep on Haunting

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I had to move this from the secret session forum.

Hi
I'd like to give my first impression of the Rasmus Haunted Deck. He did a very nice job in explaining how to make and use the gimmick. It was not too long and not too short. I like getting right to the point and that's what his teaching did. I hate added fluff and I have a feeling Rasmus probably does too.Very nice job!
The gimmick supplied was very generous and I don't think saying it was a lifetime supply was an exaggeration. Its nice when you buy an effect and the seller gives you more than enough. He could have easily given you less and then tried to sell you more later on down the road.

Thanks Rasmus for a fine effect at a very fair price.

Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thank you very much Ralph. I appriciate it that you like the
Effect:)

www.rasmusmagic.ch
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I just showed this to my Daughter (23 yrs. old) and she loved the effect . I ask her on a scale of 1-10 what she'd give this effect and she gave it a 9! My Wife is my next test victim, when she gets home. ;0)

I kind of cheated on the patter since I stole my self-folding bill patter. I used a telekinesis theme instead of a Haunting theme. I like the haunting theme but as of now I got nothing. Normally I'd come up with the right patter after spending hours and hours practicing a new effect.

The problem if you want to call it that is Rasmus's Haunting doesn't require hours and hours of practice to perform. So I haven't come up with a haunting theme for the effect, yet.

Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2354 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have a birthday on the 4th. Guess what one of the new effects I will be getting?? I cant wait looks killer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rasmus Haunted Deck by Mystique Factory (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL