The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Eating Hot Coals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Eating Hot Coals...

Firstly, allow me to say that yes, I am aware of the dangers of this feat. I am a fire eater and thus I am no stranger to mouth burns, fire precautions, or city ordinance. So, although your concern is much appreciated, if you are going to reply to tell me not to do this because it'll kill me, others, or burn things down, you may as well save your time... but thank you for thinking of me.

So, does anyone here have experience with eating coals? Tricks are fun, and discussing their effects welcome, but I am looking for the ungaffed unrigged reality.

I would like very much to add them as a routine to my fire act, and I intend on practicing with tiny embers first, and working my way up to moderate sized ones.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
This came up in the sideshow section a few years ago as well. It ran alongside the Hot Melted "Lead" in the mouth stunt (also explained in PMs).
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Well, I did it. It was not very pleasant, but I did it. I started off with a mouth full of water and tiny embers, and worked my way up to just using saliva and big (1&1/2 in. across) coals.

If anyone else ever wants to try this, all I can really recommend is to have a nice Popsicle on hand... not just because of the heat, but because of that horrible, disgusting, godawful taste (especially when you chew.)

I should also probably say that I was using dry pine wood, for my fire, which explains the horrible taste and how relatively cool the coals were.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Update: chewing the coals is horrible. I never intended to actually /eat/ them but I figured it would be cool if I chewed them up and spat them out, but now I am thinking that it might be better to just hold them in my mouth until they were no longer blazing and take them out.

I am just not sure how to present that in a cool way. Maybe spit them out onto a little platter and touch them to prove they're cool? Maybe spit them out while they're still hot into a glass of water so they fizzle?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I would recommend the spit and sizzle.
I do cigarette on tongue. It is a must to take the cigarette and take a drag on it after the contact with the tongue. It is the "convincer" that you are not just putting out the embers with your spit.
Just my thoughts,
G
Asim Khan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Asim Khan
I have an old book written in Urdu which has all these kinds of weird things in it,like how to grow a plant in 5 seconds,how to stop a cockerel from crowing,how to really pull your tooth out,the Indian Mango Tree Trick and stuff like that,and it features two effects with coals.One of them is a method which allows you to walk,run,crawl or even stand motionless on burning coals without any danger of burning.The second is a method which allows you to place anything from a burning cigarette to a red hot coal in your mouth.And I am not talking about trick items,this is the real deal.But the method and preparation is a bit difficult in terms of the items needed,and could cost you a lot in some places.Please pm me for details if you need this.And no I havent performed any of these effects yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Eating Hot Coals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL