The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Spiral principle by stephen leathwaite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

killaklownkris
View Profile
New user
Great Britain (Manchester)
45 Posts

Profile of killaklownkris
Dear all,
For those who's just got back from Blackpool and still recovering and sorting out magic they probably never use! (me included) I've managed to watch Stephen Leathwaites new DVD called spiral principle and beyond,I seen these done all over Blackpool and it he Ruskin and it blew the minds of magicians,never mind the muggles!
Don't want to say to much except there two type of card tricks where the spiral principle just seems so impossible,this is my favourite,watche the YouTube vid is brilliant.
The next trick beyond needs two people really and is a belter,watch that too! I'm using these in my wedding sets as they both just seem so impossible and even a borrowed deck can be used! These tricks can be learnt in one night which makes all the work on the acting and patter!
Well done stevie keep up the good work!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Interesting!borrowed deck always used?
mark
vinh31
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of vinh31
Sounds way too good...
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Hi guys, sorry I'm a little late with this post!
But I also have this and agree with killaklownkris. Two superb ideas, particularly beyond, which I've added straight to my repertoire.
Really recommend this DVD, but the trailer doesn't do it justice.
Ryan
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Where can you purchase a copy of this dvd?
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Akil, I got mine here - http://www.leathalweapons.co.uk/
Which is Stephen's personal website, only problem is you need to make an account first.
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
From watching what happens on the video, this appears to be an application of Jordan's "interlocking chains" ideas from the 1930's and published in the Jinx.

Without giving out too much, is the instruction on the video good? Knowing the principle is one thing, but I think you really have to have someone teach that well to apply it successfully, and if that's being done, this could be pretty good stuff.
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
The DVD makes it clear that Stephen has been sitting on the SP for a while, which has allowed him to work some nice psychology into the effect.
It's well thought out to say the least. Stephen refers SP to an effect by David Regal (name escapes me) but IMO this is far better. Although I haven't heard/seen "interlocking chains", Stephen has topped every similar idea I've seen with this. Not sure if this is the answer that you're looking for, but hope it helps.
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
The DVD makes it clear that Stephen has been sitting on the SP for a while, which has allowed him to work some nice psychology into the effect.
It's well thought out to say the least. Stephen refers SP to an effect by David Regal (name escapes me) but IMO this is far better. Although I haven't heard/seen "interlocking chains", Stephen has topped every similar idea I've seen with this. Not sure if this is the answer that you're looking for, but hope it helps.
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I need to check this out
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Spiral principle by stephen leathwaite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL