The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Safronovy brothers revealing illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
There is a Russian trio of magic brothers. They are apparently huge stars in Russia. They have just recently started a TV program where they reveal how illusions are done (Interlude is one of them.) I'm guessing they are planning on changing careers from magicians to rock stars. They are semi-regulars on MTV Russia and have been adding music performances instead of magic. There are literally hundreds of videos of these guys. Сафроновы is the Russian translation for Safronovy. (You get more Google video results that way.)

Isn't there something our European and Russian magician friends can do about this? Post-Valentino, this still seems wrong.
robholland
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of robholland
Great... all we need is another Valentino Smile Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
So they want to give up our secrets now that they're done with magic adn are going to be rock stars. Well, maybe I'LL just give away the secrets of rock stars. PSST, they only know 3 chords!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Here's a secret.

The techniques in Magic are not why it is entertaining. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
True. However, imagine if you use a particular gaff after it is exposed on national TV, you then have to drop it from your set. Irritating at the very least, I reckon.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 05:52, tomsk192 wrote:
True. However, imagine if you use a particular gaff after it is exposed on national TV, you then have to drop it from your set. Irritating at the very least, I reckon.

I actually turned into a Mentalist because of the Masked Magician exposures, I really did... It turned out to be a blessing in disguise... A painful blessing but a blessing nonetheless. Smile

As I came into Mentalism with lots of help from the pros here, I no longer have any need for gaffs (everything is skill based and examinable), although I understand that Magicians cannot not have gaffs...

I say go with the flow and find a different way of achieving exposed effects. That could actually make the effect stronger actually.

But above all, make it entertaining.

I was taught this early on...

"Magic is NOT about doing tricks, it's about entertaining people."

All the best and don't worry too much, there will always be pricks like these guys exposing to make a name for themselves...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I do agree, it should always be possible to circumvent this sort of exposure: present and entertain. Still irritating, though Smile
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Well considering out of all the magicians on the Café, you seem to be the only one that has seen it.

So the odds of people sitting in an audience who have seen it would be even less.

Only magicians watch that stuff.. Everyone else finds it boring.

Not to mention for a lay person... that info goes in one ear, picks up speed, and shoots out the other.
They will never remember it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 05:52, tomsk192 wrote:

Yeah, nobody does the linking rings anymore after that goofball exposed it.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
They now have a weekly series where they reveal tricks. here they reveal the interlude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5s3Y_HhGug&feature=related
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-04-26 19:48, Lothar wrote:
They now have a weekly series where they reveal tricks. here they reveal the interlude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5s3Y_HhGug&feature=related

Not much of a reveal, especially if you don't speak Russian...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I haven't seen what these guys show.
Since Valentino was brought up though: I remember being worried about Valentino, but then I watched the show and realized that he was showing outdated methods that I wasn't using. For newer effects he just made up a new inferior method, like for the can crush (I think it was.)
His biggest trick was convincing the public that his methods were the ones actually used.
His disservice to magicians was convincing the public that we use such hokey methods. It didn't give anything away, it just made us look very unprofessional.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1336 Posts

Profile of lynnef
A Russian version of the Masked Magician. (just what the world needs, right?) Somehow it doesn't bother me about the big stage illusions so much as the close up stuff. But I don't know... when the Masked Magician revealed how a zombie ball worked, I thought he hadn't revealed much more than the potato on a fork behind a napkin. But then watch Jeff McBride do a zombie routine with a mask that nods and turns its head ... there are secrets behind this that go beyond the basic principle involved.
Nevertheless, it IS irritating, as so many have mentioned. Lynn
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Their name is Safronov Brothers and they have exposed quite a lot of tricks; have a look at this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFAcgzPEkQ
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 03:58, maharajademagia wrote:
Their name is Safronov Brothers and they have exposed quite a lot of tricks; have a look at this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFAcgzPEkQ

If you were really all that concerned about these guys exposing magic. You wouldn't be posting links to their exposure videos here on an open forum.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 03:56, pepka wrote:
So they want to give up our secrets now that they're done with magic and are going to be rock stars. Well, maybe I'LL just give away the secrets of rock stars. PSST, they only know 3 chords!

^^ hahah... yes, exactly.

I don't think it's a big deal. I find that those who actually watch more than one episode are magicians themselves, or others who value magic and just love seeing it.
Regular layman just love entertainment and illusion.. they don't even want to know how its done.

Besides, these guys are in Russia... its a huge planet
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
[/quote]

If you were really all that concerned about these guys exposing magic. You wouldn't be posting links to their exposure videos here on an open forum.
[/quote]

I am not the first one. If that's the criteria, why even discuss them? They would cease to exist.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20194 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wait we skipped over an important point. Russia has MTV?

A word on the exposure thing. How many times have faith healers been exposed? On bigger shows than basic cable. How about the three shell game? The three card monte? And a host of other swindles. Does this stop marks from running to get taken? Tarot cards and on and on. Mediums Miss Cleo and let me stop!

All have been exposed on a GRAND scale and none has been slowed down. Now you want to spend your energy worrying about MTV Russia?

Fact is that in our fast paced society people do not have the attention span to remember exposure. 9 out of 10 people remember some part of it but not enough to matter.

It is possible that it is better not to use methods and tricks and routines straight out of the box. It is possible that it is best to adapt these things to yourself so exposure doesn't hit you. Most often they associate it with exactly what they saw and not the method. Magicians make it so easy by all doing the exact same things with the exact same words.

So my suggestion is to just not worry about it. Has any campaign here slowed anything in the least? If you insist on wanting to do things like this my suggestion is you buy a donkey and find a windmill.

None of this means I agree with exposure. Just that the more power you give it the worse it will be.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Like Randirain said boring!!!

JMN
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Safronovy brothers revealing illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL