The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerti by Romanos review (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1895 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
You don't need any rings Smile
Get yourself Stamper, the perfect walkaround packet trick: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Gerti is completely self contained.

Quote:
On 2013-06-11 06:55, mich77 wrote:
I have to do an order on a site, but I don't know which version they have.

US quarter --> http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3494
1 euro --> http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3495
10 pence --> http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3496
mich77
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mich77
Ok, thanks for your answer Smile
Just to know, it's a home-made gimmick or not? If I receive the item, can I do other gimmicks, maybe in other currencies or denominations?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1895 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I'm sure you can work out a way to make others gimmicks but I don't think you will have the same finish on it Smile
Get yourself Stamper, the perfect walkaround packet trick: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
mich77
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mich77
Ok, thanks for the information Smile
Bye.
Mr. Ree
View Profile
Elite user
Sedona AZ
414 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ree
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 07:00, mich77 wrote:
I saw the video of the effect. I saw coins and a r**g that I hope is not m******c. If so, I needn't it Smile
I hate r**gs usually Smile

What you mentioned is not used for the Gerti effect.

- Cheers,
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
---- William Bernbach (1911 - 1982) ----

(After 25 years of PCs, everything switched to Macs, June 2008)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6567 Posts

Profile of RNK
I'm a little disappointed in Daryl. He has his summer sale email that went out. He is listing this for $30.00 when everyone else sells it for a non sale price of $20.00!!!
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
RNK it is probably a mistake. I would contact him rather than Bering disappointed Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Gerti is WELL worth $30. I'm surprised it's only $20.

Daryl's sale is stuff from his storage, not his website. I don't he's aware of Gerti being listed as $30 on the sale list. Daryl's a great guy, with integrity, so I'd cut him some slack.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6567 Posts

Profile of RNK
I know he is I have met him a few times. that's why I stated I was surprised. And gerti for what the gimmick is IMO is not worth $30.00.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6567 Posts

Profile of RNK
The cost and making this is next to nothing. .25 cents and about 5 minutes and your done.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 11:21, RNK wrote:
I know he is I have met him a few times. that's why I stated I was surprised.

RNK

So you slam Daryl for something in an e-mail list of clearance items? Did you write him and tell him about it, or do you just like to publicly attack him? Makes you feel good about yourself, uh?

If we examined your life, would we see this perfection you look for in others??? Or...might we be "surprised" and see some very...questionable thoughts and deeds? I think we know the answer.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6567 Posts

Profile of RNK
Of course we know the answer. We all have skeletons in our closet. Further, I didn't slam him. And your comment about Daryl not knowing the original price is ridiculous. He bought it somewhere. Sorry you were so offended Zombie. No ones perfect including youself!

RNK
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
I mean no disrespect, but I'm confused by this product. From the demo, it looks as if the performer is demonstrating that he can distinguish between two (or three) coins by touch. I know that the performer *says* that he's doing something else, but on the face of it, he's distinguishing objects in his hands--something we're all used to doing by touch. Is there some point during the routine where the performer rules out this explanation what he's doing?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 12:53, dafin77 wrote:
I mean no disrespect, but I'm confused by this product. From the demo, it looks as if the performer is demonstrating that he can distinguish between two (or three) coins by touch. I know that the performer *says* that he's doing something else, but on the face of it, he's distinguishing objects in his hands--something we're all used to doing by touch. Is there some point during the routine where the performer rules out this explanation what he's doing?

It's not done by touch in the demo. It's using a "lie detector" routine.
Mr. Ree
View Profile
Elite user
Sedona AZ
414 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ree
I got the same "message" from the performance.

Yes, he is suppose to be doing a lie detector routine. That's what his mouth is saying.
But his fingers, hands and body language are sending a subtle message that what he is really doing is by touch.

Maybe I'm just "burning" his actions too much.
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
---- William Bernbach (1911 - 1982) ----

(After 25 years of PCs, everything switched to Macs, June 2008)
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
Thanks, Mr. Ree, for trying to help articulate my concern. Right; I understand that it's meant to be a lie detector routine. But I'm not getting why it would be seen by a spectator as a demonstration of an (astonishing) ability to read lies rather than as a (mundane) ability to distinguish between two small objects by touch. Where I think I differ from Mr. Ree is that I don't feel as though I'm worrying about a "subtle message" or about anything to do with "burning" the performer's actions. The ability to distinguish two or three objects by the way they feel is an unremarkable part of ordinary life. I understand that in this demonstration, the performer manages to distinguish between objects that *look* alike. But doing this is also an unremarkable part of ordinary life; sometimes two things that look similar feel different. (One might be warmer, or have a sharper blade, or a rougher edge, or...) So my question is: In this routine, is the spectator given any reason *not* to conclude that the performer has two or three quarters that feel a bit different from one another?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Dafin77 I am not sure how to answer this. I believe you are looking into this too much. This has been my best selling trick to magicians at every convention I have attended, performed hundreds of times and your scenario never arises. What I recommend is purchase the product and see for yourself. If you then find you do not like it send me a message with your paypal address and I will send you back $20.
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
Dafin, the person you're performing for doesn't think like that because they hold the gimmick in their hand and place it in your hand. They don't think twice about it from my personal experience.
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
To The Greek and ike_hill: Ok. Thanks for your replies.
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerti by Romanos review (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL