The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerti by Romanos review (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Ordered!
... lets check it out...
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Got this yesterday at the Wessex Magic Association Convention after being fooled by it, the method is genius and flawless - haven't had a chance to use it yet but it's the sort of trick that you just know will be killer - I love Gary's idea of leading into a coin bend using Gerti.

Recommended!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Saw this last year in blackpool and it fooled me too. strong and visual effect:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Don't really get this effect.

If I was to subtly edge nick a couple of coins out of three, and memorise the date on all three coins, would I not be able to accomplish the exact same effect.

Hope I am missing something obvious.

Why the need to purchase specific coins e.g. EURO, DOLLAR, UK ?

Regards,

Ian.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
I wasn't going to bother with this as its only really a 50/50 at times...but....if you combine this with the business card bit in Andrew Gerards 'Street Cents' you may have something much stronger.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Westo, I didn't understand when you said it is only 50/50 at times? You are 100% correct every time.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Whoops! I meant, like in Lie Detector, you will always be correct but it is still just a 50/50 chance in the spectators eyes, if you know what I mean.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 14:08, rasp wrote:
Don't really get this effect.

If I was to subtly edge nick a couple of coins out of three, and memorise the date on all three coins, would I not be able to accomplish the exact same effect.

Hope I am missing something obvious.

Why the need to purchase specific coins e.g. EURO, DOLLAR, UK ?

Regards,

Ian.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the demo.

Chris Wild
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I likd the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......CZ90rLzg

It will only be about $26 in the U.S. for the quarter version. With the proper routining, this could be very strong.

I'm thinking using it with the Electric Touch Plus.
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
I am assuming one coin is gimmicked?

1) How examinable is gimmicked coin to normal coin

2) I don't presume you want your gimmicked signed, so this requires magicians force? or can they really pick and sign any of the coins
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Suux88

Great questions.

In my routine when performing this at conventions I actually get the spectators to shake both coins and hand me one whilst my back is turned. At this moment they are deciding which coin to hand me. No one has ever commented that one coin is different. So there is no worry of something being detected. This is from experience of hundreds and hundreds of performances. That is why this is such a strong effect.

As to your second question it comes down to preference. You can have the gimmicked coin signed if you like but I prefer not too.

Hope this answers your questions.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Found a very positive review here:

http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2012/05/1......g-glass/

I think having them "send the thought" would fry them. If I was a punter and someone did that to me, I'd be mystified.

Routines explained on the DVD:

Lie Detection – You have two coins of the same denomination, one signed by the spectator. You turn around and the spectator keeps one coin and places the other in your hand. You then reveal who has the signed coin.

Dates - You have three coins of the same denomination. The spectator mixes the coins and then places one coin in your left hand, one in your right hand, and keeps the third coin themself. You then reveal what is the date of the coin in your left, your right hand and, finally, the spectator’s hand.

Numbers – Similar to the ‘dates’ routine, but you number the coins and reveal who has which numbered coin.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Costas performed this to me on Sunday and I didn't notice the gimmick even slightly.
If you want to make up your own gimmick with "nicks" in it then fine but you'll probably get caught out, spend the money and get the gimmick plus the DVD with the routines on it and do the right thing by supporting innovative creators like Romanos.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Hasn't a version like this already been released? I am not seeing anything new here.
Nige
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Nige
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 19:00, Suux88 wrote:
I am assuming one coin is gimmicked?

1) How examinable is gimmicked coin to normal coin

2) I don't presume you want your gimmicked signed, so this requires magicians force? or can they really pick and sign any of the coins

1) I know many people here say how they were fooled but for me the gimmick was obvious the moment I unpacked it. Obviously I was looking for the gimmick but any spectator with eyes will spot it if they examine it

2) It's personal choice as to whether or not to allow them to choose which coin to sign. I choose to keep the gimmick clean

I'm going to make a few more in other denominations so I can give the spec choice of which coins to use. This will help distract them from the 'gimmicked coin' possibility
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I put gaff coins in their hands all the time, so I'm not concerned with that.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Took this to a gig last night for a "real world" test - gimmick went utterly unnoticed and the reactions were superb.
Nothing more I can add really!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Ive been using gerti for quite sometime, I use it pretty much at every gig I do and have never had any worries about the gimmick being spotted.

Its not something they would look for.

If your that worried about the gimmick being spotted use a switch of a borrowed coin and then switch it back at the end

Simple.

R
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks Chris and Rus!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gerti by Romanos review (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL