The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sasco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
hayabusafan
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hayabusafan
Has anyone been able to get in contact with sasco magic lately needed to buy some of their old style chinese coins to match my vintage sets.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3169 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Websight still active.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
247 Posts

Profile of BWind
'hayabusafan,
The website is still active but no one responds to phone calls or emails; I too have been trying to order several items but have been unable to make contact, if you get through kindly advise..
Thanks,
BWind
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
Rumor is the closed!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Todd Lassen said on his blog since they closed, he is looking to also get into that lower end market in addition to his handmade work. Knowing Todd's sense of humor, I really don't know if there is any truth to that or not.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4837 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea That's what he told me! Smile
David Neighbors



The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Could someone confirm Sasco closed? Please?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Lassen imformed me that he got the idea to go commercial about the time Allan Ackerman approached him to make his Ishtar sets, and Allan imformed him that Sasco had closed.
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
Bummer. I made an order with them a week ago and have heard nothing. I emailed them and received no reply.
I'm as real as you think I am
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2716 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Sasco never made anything that was of any worth. I wouldn't have even bought a toilet brush from them if they had made one.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Actually, the Sasco Toilet Brush WAS the best thing they ever made!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2662 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-04-27 11:50, Atom3339 wrote:
Actually, the Sasco Toilet Brush WAS the best thing they ever made!

Given that the 'instructions'(?) with Sasco Coins were about the same size as a single sheet of toilet paper, things are beginning to now fall into place (albeit, that's possibly not the best term to use)! Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-05-01 07:00, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-27 11:50, Atom3339 wrote:
Actually, the Sasco Toilet Brush WAS the best thing they ever made!

Given that the 'instructions'(?) with Sasco Coins were about the same size as a single sheet of toilet paper, things are beginning to now fall into place (albeit, that's possibly not the best term to use)! Smile


Funny you should mention that... Sasco formerly went by another name. They added an "s" at the beginning to curb the negative 'talk'.

:)
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
manreb
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of manreb
From Todd's blog.

"Sasco is now part of a much larger enterprise, Magic Supply House. In addition, our shop now includes the coin manufacturing equipment and capabilities from SS Adams and we are also making the coin items that they have for over 100 years, dime and penny, squirting nickels, shim shells, etc."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2012-04-26 18:40, RS1963 wrote:
Sasco never made anything that was of any worth. I wouldn't have even bought a toilet brush from them if they had made one.


In fairness to Sasco, that's not entirely true. There was a time when some of their work was quite good, but that was probably over 20 years ago.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2662 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 19:46, NicholasD wrote:
In fairness to Sasco, that's not entirely true. There was a time when some of their work was quite good, but that was probably over 20 years ago.


Really Nick?

Funny that; as it was about that time when I bought a Sasco Copper/Silver/Brass............and the chinese coins (normal coin & insert) were two entirely different designs - I kid you not!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Yes, really. If I recall , it was around that time that the man who was doing most of the higher quality work became ill and someone with less skill began to produce their products.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
It would be great if they get focused on quality once again.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2662 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 08:11, NicholasD wrote:
Yes, really. If I recall , it was around that time that the man who was doing most of the higher quality work became ill and someone with less skill began to produce their products.

Given the C/S/B that I received, I would say more along the lines of 'being as thick as two short planks' rather than 'less-skilled'!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2048 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 19:46, NicholasD wrote:

In fairness to Sasco, that's not entirely true. There was a time when some of their work was quite good, but that was probably over 20 years ago.


My stuff must be from that era. Actually, my CSB set has to be at least 30 years old.

Pix: http://www.pbase.com/inigmntoya/sasco
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sasco (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL