The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo live online lecture (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I think you can watch the lectures at a later date and time after the show airs.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Good point about Saturdays, thank you all. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm booking a lecture for street performers. We were thinking Saturday's are good because we can get the most timezones on live (Pacific, East, even England)

And yes, Floyd is right, you can watch it anytime after it's over. Usually it just takes a few hours for the recording to go up.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's tonight!
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Just got in from my gig. How was it? I loved "Krowd Keeping" so I may buy the Gazzo 2.0 lecture depending on the responses.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I have several Gazzo video/dvds and loved the lecture. He has great passion for the art. Had his typical professional advice and several times he warned about listening to online forums about street performing.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Mr Clarke, I wanted to let you know that Ekuth is practically your
neighbor there in the greater Phoenix area. You both should connect.
I miss my old stomping grounds there in the Valley of the Sun.

Congrats on the great lecture Gazzo! Thanks for the review Zombie.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Matthew,
I personally liked the lecture. I am not a full time busker or street performer if you will but I do perform a blend of street performing in many different areas; local amusement parks, small county fairs, state fairs and festivals to help sell my shows or draw a crowd for a fund raiser.

So I can’t speak how this could or would help a full time true blue street performer who is living their life’s working for tips. However I love to study all types of performing and because I do a sudo street act was intrigued to watch and did.

I took several good points away from the lecture, and feel I got my money worth from that alone. Saw some things I could do better with my own sets and enjoyed his straight talk about busking in America, partly why I never had the desire to go at it full time.
I do not agree with his personal attacks on online forums and feel maybe there is a generation gap there with that.

I also feel by saying what he did, that he truly does not give magicians the benefit of knowing how to filter out information and know what advice is good and bad on online forum, I did make a comment about that to my computer screen saying the same could be said for every magic club in the world. However without Magic clubs, forums, and places where we can all meet and discuss I can’t help but think what would have happened to our art. Ok I will get off my soap box about that.

Gazzo was his normal self, with his jokes and one liner. I did like the moments where he walked through a pitch and role played the flow of it. When it came to the hour long Q & A I feel that sometimes he did not understand the question or was upset by the questions and keep repeating what he already said over and over.

I have never had the opportunity to watch Gazzo perform live, however I have seen many street magicians and would love to see him work a pitch someday for sure.
I plan to download it and watch again to see if I have missed anything. Depending on what you want to get out of a lecture like this

I feel your millage will very on it.

Hope that helps

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Gazzo has had more impact on how magic is performed on the streets than any othe magician in history. He's is comedicly brilliant. He may be the most copied magic act in the world and for a reason. Everything this man has to say everyone should listen.

His influence on me and all those who have the opportunity to grace his presence will last a life time. I'm proud to have worked with him and even more honored to call him my friend,

My suggestion would be to buy this lecture and watch it over and over.

Kozmo
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Yes!

Gazzo is the REAL deal.

I have said it repeatedly in the past and I will say it here again.

The man has forgotten more about magic than most will ever learn. Let alone the ones our here now pretending to know anything at all. As a street entertainer/ entertainer he is on a different level.

I consider him a good friend and a phenomenal entertainer.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Bravo!!! I'm sure the folks who did attended would agree...

Those who haven't got it yet (the gist on working the streets),
get it, and learn something. I honestly feel that the two lectures
combined will give anyone wanting to start; the material (lecture one),
and the bits on street performing (lecture two).

Perhaps some of the verterans or experienced guys/gals can learn
something...I did.

One thing that is stressed everywhere and Gazzo puts it upfront
is you have to get out there and do it....

I really liked what Gazzo had to say and how he said it...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
As someone who's performed for a bit and am planning on trying the streets I felt very happy with the lecture. I'll be watching this again and again as I feel that I missed many important bits. I now feel like I have a plan of attack that's realistic that I just need to implement. Thanks Gazzo!
MARyan
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MARyan
Great lecture! Thanks to Gazzo and Penguin Magic for doing it a second time and giving myself and others the information we were looking for. Gazzo gave us knowledge that can really impact the way we go about street performing. If you get a chance check out Kozmo's lecture on street performing, couple it with this lecture and you'll be ready to go entertain the people. I'll be watching this video for reference for a long time. Now I just need to get out and do it..
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I finally purchased the lecture and watched it last night.

Holy crap. It was amazing.

I feel like I've been at a turning point in my career for a while now. This lecture really helped give me some direction. His knowledge is invaluable! Someday I'd love the opportunity to have him mentor me.

This is the best $20 I've spent in magic in a very long time.
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Anyone know if Gazzo is doing any "live" lectures or workshops in North America?
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Gazzo knows.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Its so true what Gazzo says, just get out there and do it. I have died on my arse more times in the last two weeks than I care to remember, but I still go out and perform.
Because everytime I do, I learn. I have learned more in two weeks working on the street than the 3 years I have spent thinking about what works on the street.

Get this set of lectures they are good.

Best
myke
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-09 19:49, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
Gazzo knows.

Actually his work is so secret that he doesn't even know what he's doing...wait that's me!
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi, regarding Gazzo s Egg bag : I have the Penguin live lecture 1 of Gazzo in 2012 where he explains a routine, and the 2016 at the table where he mention about the multiple egg production.
Also I watched the 2019 live performance at a friends place but left after an hour of show about when he gave the little girl the selected card (did I miss something?).
Is there something new in the Black bag dvd ?
thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo live online lecture (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL