The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Peter Marvey's Anti-Gravity Boots (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Hello
I am from Germany and this is the problem, I can't the the boots. So does anyone here have those boots ? Are they good ? Is it a strong effect to the audience ? Please give me feedback.

Thanks Markus

http://www.facemakersincorporated.com/boots.html
Erick Elektrik
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Erick Elektrik
I'm not really familiar with those boots but I think you need to have the perfect condition and perfect weight to do it. It seem too gadget for me. Smile
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
I have the boots...It's true, you do need to be under the right lighting conditions to perform it...and the right distance from people...In my opinion I don't think you can even do it on stage, because it probably wouldn't be visible enough.. However for a promo picture or video it would probably be good. Smile
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Markus,

I'd look very closely at some of the newer advertised effects. It hasn't changed much since I was a boy looking at those illustrations and reading catalog descriptions.

A good deal of it is just "hype". Todays advertising is much more sophisticated. Full color photos, models posing, etc. but the effect is the same. 10% great stuff and 90% basic junk.

For stage I'd stick close to the classics - they didn't get that way because there was nothing else to buy.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Is it just me but are all his tricks having to use special conditions/lighting? I just got his card thru window. It has to be just right or you have to use cover I wouldn't use for it to be impromptu.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
From what I have heard, Marvey is just a variation of Balducci. There are other similar variations that are cheaper, or you could come up with your own. Seems that almost all the self floating effects of this type are just Balducci with some gimmick to make it appear more like your feet, shoes, etc are off the ground. I would be leery of these, except for the cheaper ones that you are willing to take a risk on.

quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Peter Marvey's Anti-Gravity Boots (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL