The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Trapdoor! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Loyal user
sInGaPoRe
210 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
For you guys who likes real impromptu magic (as in no preparations of whatsoever), check out this effect "Trapdoor" by Robert Neale in his new "Celebration of Sides" video. I find it very cool. It can be presented as magic or a puzzle.

Basically the effect is to take a piece of paper or card (can be your name card or playing card), tear the card in the middle to form a door-like flap and ask the spectator to hold on to the "door". The front side of the card is facing him. Ask him to close his eyes for 5 seconds and when he opens his eyes, the back of the card is facing him! remember he is holding on to the card (or "door") all the time and the card is not taken off his hand.

The video also includes the famous "Rabbit in Tophat" origami fold which makes everything much simpler to learn as compared to learning it from his "Folding Money Fooling" book.
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
This sounds very similar to an effect in the book Lifesavers by Richard Weber. Don't have it to hand at the moment, but I'll look it up tonight and may even give it a go!
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
The author of "Lifesavers" was Michael Weber.
"One arrow. One life."
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
John, you are of course quite right, it is MICHAEL Weber. I think Sigmund Freud had some theories about mis-remembering names (or was that Sidney Freud).
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I think David Brittland came up with that same trick years ago with a jumbo card.I have that same jumbo card with the trapdoor in it.It flipped over while the spectator was holding the door. Smile
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
I just got this tape and the book life,death and other card tricks and I'm really happy and excited with this particular trick "trapdoor" has a lot of presentations!!
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of newguy
Bob Neale was the first to publish the Trapdoor effect and method.

If you read the Britland Manuscript, he credits his version being inspired by watching Michael Weber perform his version of Neale's effect.

So Neale started it all...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Trapdoor! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL