The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfields laser illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2003-10-20 15:32, g0thike wrote:
everyone knows that the "People's Court" is made up and uses fake case and actors.
GOTHIKE

It was actually called Moral Court. I don't believe it was a made up episode either. I could be wrong though.

Micheal Leath
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Is the masked magician behind the Copperfield exposure site? They revealed many tricks I've heard. Smile These places should be shut down.
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Well, if you do find the laser in a magic shop be sure to let me know.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
At the time that Lance Burton performed in the strip club he did not have a Las Vegas gig so he was struggling for money. Luckily he found some work at the “Body Shop” and he along with other magicians were hired as entertainment by the owner who was a magic enthusiast.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Steve Fearson's "Self Floatation" is great! Ron Jaxon performs this in a video I just downloaded. The illusion you're talking about is based on this principle, true.

I did not know D.C. had exclusive rights to this. Maybe I'd better check this out. Steve sold me his plans for the "Self Floating", and I have the materials still in the envelope, templates and all. I just never got around to constructing it. I wonder if the rights to that, too, has been sold to someone???

Yup, been living in a cave. No excuse. Been out of magic for a number of years...come back and things have changed! Boy, back in my day...(BLAAT! Geezer alarm!)...oh! Sorry.

Doug
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
Quote:
On 2003-10-31 12:56, Dougini wrote:
Steve Fearson's "Self Floatation" is great! Ron Jaxon performs this in a video I just downloaded. The illusion you're talking about is based on this principle, true.

I did not know D.C. had exclusive rights to this. Maybe I'd better check this out. Steve sold me his plans for the "Self Floating", and I have the materials still in the envelope, templates and all. I just never got around to constructing it. I wonder if the rights to that, too, has been sold to someone???

Yup, been living in a cave. No excuse. Been out of magic for a number of years...come back and things have changed! Boy, back in my day...(BLAAT! Geezer alarm!)...oh! Sorry.

Doug

Steve Fearson invented both the levitation & the laser sawing that Copperfield does. They are two different effects. The levitation has been on the market for several years - the laser illusion has never been on the market.

David Copperfield did buy the exclusive rights to it (and added the Laser aspect to it). When Steve Fearson performed it, it did not have the laser cutting him in half. It was actually a very low-tech presentation that was very effective. When Steve & I were both living in Milwaukee, he showed me this effect in his living room - I was 6 feet away from him and it was amazing (and that deceptive!)

One of the reasons Steve sold the rights to Copperfield is because it would have been almost impossible to market - too many variables. The best he could have hoped for was a high priced manuscript. Trying to keep people from selling it on their own would have been a pain, so now that is Copperfield's problem.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey Steve,

Have you seen Ron Jaxon's video on the "Fantastic Floatation"? He constructed the unit in the front, and it's MUCH better than the original.

I laugh every time I run that clip. Man, that's ingenious!

As for the laser illusion, I agree...pirates would have a field day with that, as well as the Floatation. Just search the 'net to see what I mean!

You are fortunate, as well, to have worked with D.C. on his shows. I miss it, frankly. No magicians allowed. I haven't been back since. Smile

Doug
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Unfortunately the magic business is one subject to rip off artists when the entertainment is mechanical technology. Walter "Zaney" Blaney has a very good post on The Magic Café dealing with this type of problem. I hope it gets a lot of readership. The problem is real.

When the technology is not mechanical, performance rights alone need protecting. For this reason an attorney/magician friend and I have been working this year on a solution to this problem that will be a step closer to an ASCAP for magic. It will only work with active magician support. Please do your part to help magicians gain control of their art and work. You're needed.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Dougini, where did you find this video you are talking of with the levitation on it? I have seen the actual Fearson video once. Is this trick completely worth it? I have heard some no's.
Pepe Le Pew
View Profile
New user
Peru
13 Posts

Profile of Pepe Le Pew
Hello Amazed Wiz,
Could you please post the url of the post you've mentioned by Walter "Zaney" Blaney ?
Roberto Gee
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Roberto Gee
The Masked, uh, "Magician" is not behind the site that exposes Copperfield's secrets. The site originates in another country. Some effects have not yet even been translated into English.

And no, don't ask me for the URL.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfields laser illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL