The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magnetic Ink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
627 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Has anyone here worked with magnetic ink or ferrofluid? I'm curious as to whether either can be applied to a business card to make it magnetic or manipulatable (is that a word?) with a PK ring?

Thanks in advance!
Joe
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
It's in the corners of every denomination bill. Has been for many years.

Take a magnet and see how well it will lift a 20... not real well. It works like a bar-code for change machine purposes - that's about it's only use.

You'd have to put shim-stock in your paper for a PK effect
Gideon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
130 Posts

Profile of Gideon
Use ironpaper "Eisenpapier in german" to print your business card, it is a magnetic metallfoil with paper glued on both sides:

http://www.fehrenkemper.de/haftflaechen/eisenpapier.php

Sorry I have not found a english source:
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
627 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Thank you both. I just had a whacky idea for a business card that would have been fun to try.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3497 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Gideon... I am assumaing that is a similar paper as used in Ted Lesley's Paranormal. I have been looking for replacement paper with no luck, unfortunately I do not speak German.

John
Gideon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
130 Posts

Profile of Gideon
Yes John, it is the same Paper. For "Paranormal" replacement papers the best place to buy single sheets is here:

http://www.magnetfolie.com/shop/magnetha......ier.html

Here you can buy online, look under Produktname and take the first one (Artikelnummer 11.900) this is the right one, it is approx 12x8 inch and costs approxx 4 dollars for one sheet.

When you need help, pm me.

Btw "Paranormal" is not from Ted Lesley, it is from Werry a german dealer, from him had Ted the rights to sell "Paranormal".
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3497 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Gideon, very helpful.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magnetic Ink (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL