The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What's the smallest size ring for Ring on rope/ Wagner's ring routine help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trivellino
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Trivellino
Hi there. I am a complete beginner when it comes to rope magic, but I have decided that I would like to learn a ring on rope routine.

I am basing my routine around a story of Wagner's ring and how the ring was ripped from the rope of life but it keep coming back, these are just thoughts at the moment.

As I wish to be flexiable in making this routine work for close up/and stage I was wandering if you guys could tell me what's the smallest size ring that will work with Rope routines and can be used for ring on string routines? The reason I ask is that there are certain ring on string moves that I would like to incorporate into my routine, or perhaps you guys can tell me that I should not mix moves?

Hope you can help.

Many thanks and any advice would be much appreciated.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
It is possible to mix moves. Check 'em in the mirror and make sure you practice your routine in its entirety with all the sizes of ring (and rope/string) you wish to use.

Since hand sizes vary, you have to try it before you know if the moves work for you and your ring and rope/string.

Make a mental note of how your differing size routines vary or you can get an unpleasant surprise in the middle of the routine.

Other than Cards I think Ring and Rope are the most fun to practice so, have fun.

Will you explain the story of the Ring Cycle? This could take a while.

-Mary Mowder
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Most finger rings will work for ring on rope routines, and the only reason you might wish a larger ring is if it needs to be highly visible from a stage. There are some ring moves, such as the ones described in Qua-Fiki's "Babushka of Baba Yaga" from The Wizards' Journal #21 on my site, which work best with a ring that is wide on the top side, like a skull ring or a class ring with a large stone, but most can be done with a thin wedding band is visibility is not an issue.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What's the smallest size ring for Ring on rope/ Wagner's ring routine help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL