The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » HELP! Comedy Electric Chair parts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I need the schematics for the electrical bits that go inside the chair. I've looked everywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Model T magneto coil?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Chance, the BiON section would be a good place to ask this question as well. Todd Robbins already has the answer.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Richard, I had a chance to play around with one about a dozen years ago, and the spark was from a modern spark plug. A smaller version, like maybe a moped or motorcycle variety. And a square 9v battery. I could probably take what I know and get the rest from my local radio parts supplier, but I was hoping that someone in here might be able to fill in a few more blanks. I've built many DC-powered tricks before, but never something that operated by remote control.

Nipps, thanks for the tip.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Neon tube tester...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yup. Neon tube tester. NOT a neon coil, but the plug in tester. Also known as a high frequency generator.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Thanks gents, but I'm just looking to make the comedy remote controlled hot seat version, not the "electrified man" show type. Which is what I believe the neon tester or violet tube is usually used for. Sorry that I wasn't clearer on that point.

Problem solved. Harley directed me to an online parts supplier that will build the unit for me, including the remote. Thanks, Harley!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
No need for a special chair for this routine!

Get the book "zapped" and learn the 'real' secret.
http://www.dennymagic.com/products/books/zapped-book/

Paul Daniels is the absolute master in this type of routine without the use of stooges, special chairs and more important without hurting his assistants on stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfLNnP3un_o
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » HELP! Comedy Electric Chair parts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL